Pages

For Sale

Monday, February 14, 2011

Speak Softly & Carry a Big Stick


Julie is this week's hostess with the mostess for this week's TCP Tuesday Technique Challenge: use a non-traditional card making element - CANDY - on your card! With Valentine's Day just passed, let's get creative with those yummy treats!

I've always liked the Teddy Roosevelt quote, "Speak softly and carry a big stick.", so I thought it would most appropriate to have our TCP "Teddy", PJ, carry a big stick (of Extra Peppermint) for this week's challenge. There are several versions of PJ available from The Cat's Pajamas, and this sweet little bear is from the original PJ set, Happy Camper. I just love the size of PJ from this set, a bit smaller and a breeze to color. I've used Copics E37, E57, E35, E33 and E31 for today's version with a bit of R20 on his ears. Also incorporated into my card is my growing favorite border die, CutUps Big Scallop Die.
ETA: the font used on the sentiment is LD Franks Friends, and I purchased it from the Silhouette online store.

With all that being said, it's time to check out Julie's post for the details of TCP Tuesday, and please be sure to check.it.out because there have been a few little changes to our TCP Tuesday. Speaking of ch-ch-ch-changes...I'd like to welcome our newest addition to the litter, Tori Wild, and I mean that with the utmost respect! Welcome, Tori! One last really FUN change is a daily "Pick of the Litter" showcasing fabulous TCP creations that will be featured both on Facebook and in our SCS Member Company Forum, so check it out!

That's quite a bit of yacking for me, so I'm going to sign off!
~Amy

4 comments:

Tina said...

So cute! I love the stick of gum with the sentiment! This is the best! Thanks for sharing!

Jodi Collins said...

Seriously??? This is OUT of this world clever, fabulous, fantastic...you get the idea! LOVE this Amy! WOW!!!!

Leigh OBrien said...

So excellent, Amy! I'll take a big ole stick-a-gum any day!!

Cheryl said...

I love this! Very clever!~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...