Pages

For Sale

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Give Thanks!

I've been wanting to put this set from The Rummage Bin, All Things Fall, available through Cornish Heritage Farms to good use since we are in full-fall mode around with Halloween knockin' at the door, so I chose to use it for Jen's Saturday Sketch For You To Try this week. I just love the corn image and the coordinating sentiment, "Eat your corn!", along with so many others in the set. To see the set in its entirety click right here.

The colors here are Old Olive, Kraft and Very Vanilla with a couple punches of Really Rust. I know, not necessarily your traditional fall color scheme, but I really wanted to use OO craft ink on Kraft for some reason...one of those color combos that just pops in your head, KWIM?! I started by stamping Baroque background in craft ink and then sidelined it with a strip of OO stamped with Aida Cloth in Versamark. The off set layers are stamped with various All Things Fall images in Versafine Onyx Black and then sponged on the edges with Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.

Punches, punches, punches! As you can see I've used three wonderful punches, all from SU!: large oval, curly label and word window, flanking each with embellishments--button/faux thread and a mini library clip. To highlight my scarecrow, I flipped the image over and dry embossed a frame around him using my Score-Pal. My scoring/embossing lines aren't perfect as you can see if you look closely, but I just told myself--that's the beauty of a handmade card! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Have a great weekend all, and be sure to hop on over to Jen's blog for the original sketch and to see what she and guest designer Nancy Riley have done with the sketch. Then, get yourself on over to the blogs of the rest of the gals: Carole, Shannan, Susan and Amy!

10 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

This is so fabulous I don't even know where to begin!! Love the stamps, the color combo, the ribbon, and that little binder clip. Wow!! So perfectly embellished. You rock, girl!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Where do I start? I absolutely love this card! The baroque bg looks fantastic and I love your use of the punches. The colors are great, too! Great card, Amy!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

You are amazing! I love all of your creations! You always blow me away with your great stamp choices and details! Thanks for sharing your creations because they make me smile! Hugs, Kelly

carole (TruCarMa) said...

This is just awesome, Amy! Love ever single thing about this! Truly one of my faves you've ever made (and you know I {heart} EVERYTHING you make, girlie!).

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just awesome, Amy!! And I am totally diggin that ribbon!

Nancy Riley said...

Amy, your card is AMAZING! Those colors are fantastic! THIS punch freak LOVES how you used so many different ones! A truly wonderful design!

Anonymous said...

this is fabulous!!! i love everything about it!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Love the layout and little clippie!

Unknown said...

pandora charms, canada goose outlet, moncler, wedding dresses, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose outlet, links of london, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, moncler, moncler, canada goose, canada goose, ugg boots uk, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, coach outlet, juicy couture outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, replica watches, moncler, pandora jewelry, sac louis vuitton pas cher, bottes ugg, juicy couture outlet, hollister, moncler, moncler, doudoune canada goose, supra shoes, marc jacobs, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, canada goose, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, swarovski, canada goose

Unknown said...

nike free, nike outlet, nike roshe run, louboutin shoes, replica watches, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, sac longchamp, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, coach outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, tory burch outlet, louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, burberry, kate spade handbags, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, air jordan pas cher, louboutin pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, michael kors, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, air max, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, prada outlet, longchamp, replica watches, longchamp outlet, nike free, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike air max, gucci outlet, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...