Pages

For Sale

Monday, November 25, 2013

MFT Creative Challenge - Home Sweet Home

Welcome to MFT's Creative Challenge post for November! This month's theme is Projects that Warm the Heart. The MFT Blog has complete details for this month's Creative Challenge along with links to all of the designers playing along.

I've always loved the symbolic heart & home and created a clean and simple card with lots of heart, quite literally, for this month's creative challenge. LJD Homespun Hearts and coordinating Rustic Hearts Die-namics were the perfect MFT products to put my idea into motion.

 
I created a shaped card base from Primitive Cream card stock using the Home Sweet Home Die-namics. I cut an additional house fronts in Berrylicious and Primitive Cream card stock to create my heart filled house layer before layering it on top of the house shaped card base. The Berrylicious roof line was stamped with Striped Backgrounds in Sno Cone ink.

Here is a closer look at the Rustic Hearts Die-namics in action. I die cut the heart into the Primitive Cream layer and again from Red Hot felt, nesting the felt heart into the die cut space. The heart is secured with a bit of adhesive on the back and Hemp Cord and a Natural Button on top.

Inside is a simply stamped sentiment in Chocolate Brown and matching Red Hot heart from Homespun Hearts.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope today's card has warmed your heart a little. I have a few different folks in my life who would make the perfect recipient for this card, and since it would be fairly easy to recreate, I just might have to make a stash of them. Who's warmed your heart lately? 

~Amy

7 comments:

AmyR said...

I love this house - you are SO good at taking the "bones" of the die-namics sets and making them stand out on their own!! :)

Inge Groot said...

Totally cute, what a great idea to use the Home Sweet Home Die-namics as a house shaped card!!!

Lisa H. said...

darling, Amy!

De hobbydroom said...

Wow I love it!! it's very clean and simply and....so beautiful!

Barbara said...

Fabulous CAS design, Amy!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Amy!

Michele Boyer said...

I ♥ your clean and simple style, Amy. So cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...