Pages

For Sale

Monday, August 19, 2013

For The Birthday {Buck}

Stopping in to share a funny birthday card I made for my husband, the deer hunter, for his birthday last week. Everything here is from My Favorite Things with the exception of the antlers, which were cut with my Silhouette Cameo. I was so tickled that I could mix and match MFT stamps and Die-namics to make this theme-card even though none of the products used are specifically for husbands-who-love-to-deer-hunt! Never doubt your stash!

I started with a Primitive Cream A2 base and layered it with an Olive layer die cut with the largest rectangle from Blueprints 6. Keeping with the outdoors-y theme, I stamped the barn board stamp from Western Backgrounds using Factory Green ink to give it that outdoors-y look. The upper sentiment from Birthday Sentiments was stamped in Olive to stand out over the stamped background.

Holding the antlers in place is a strip of Fuse Green stamped with Steel Blue targets from Right on Target and 'buck' in Olive using the Vanity License Plate alphabet. A strip of Barbed Wire Fence borders the Fuse Green layer.

I used Birthday Sentiments again on the inside in Olive and Fuse Green inks with the same target from Right on Target in Orange Fizz this time. Down below is the same look as the card front with an arrow in Steel Blue from Right on Target, and 'deer' in Olive from Vanity License Plate, stamped on a partial rounded rectangle in Fuse Green card stock using a rectangle from Blueprints 6.

I hope I've inspired you to go digging in your stash to find just the right elements to mix and match for a one of a kind birthday card for your someone special! Thanks for stopping by to take a closer look today.
~Amy

Here are the MFT products used on today's card:

3 comments:

Lisa H. said...

you mix and match stamps like no other!!! LOVE this. those letters from Vanity plate are awesome, forgot about those. LOVE love LOVE this!!! Happy birthday to your hubby!

Jenny said...

OH-EM-GEE!!!!! I LOVE THIS!! So freakin' funny!! I love how you mixed the sets to get a hunting look....from no sets that are even remotely related to hunting ;) lol! Great job GF!

Jodi Collins said...

Seriously, you could not possibly be more awesome! This is AMAZING my friend...AMAZING!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...