Pages

For Sale

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Take a Deep Breath...


...cause you're gonna need it to blow out all those candles!


I have a great friend and co-worker with a great sense of humor, and I *think* she'll laugh when she opens up this birthday card tomorrow??!


This card started out for Julia's Ways To Use It Challenge #168 over at SCS today called Get Packing! The idea is to use packing or packaging materials in your creation, or spin it to create something with a traveling/packing for travel theme in mind. I chose to create a bubblewrap background; a technic I've never tried before. I smeared my bubblewrap with Certainly Celery craft ink, layed my cardstock on top of it and gently rubbed my hand over until a good impression of the bubblewrap was made. That's it--easy peasy! I added some Rhonna Farrer Flourishes in CTMH Hollyhock ink, layered on Celery and then Hollyhock cardstocks. The main image uses My Favorite Things Serenity Now, paper pieced using CTMH Boom-di-ada designer paper. I just love that paper and it's been lying on my stamping table since last Friday, and I just can't resist using it!

2 comments:

Becky Rusher said...

Amy, I'm so glad to have found your blog! I've always been a big fan of your work, so I'll be checking back often!

Jen del Muro said...

LOL!! So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...