Pages

For Sale

Sunday, May 5, 2013

MFT May Teasers: Chalkboard Greetings

Well, we're heading into the home stretch of Teaser Week with My Favorite Things, and today I'm showing off a card using Chalkboard Greetings! And, the best part is - it's this month's Triple Scoop Set! Yours FREE when you spend $60 at the MFT Boutique.

Trust me on this one - you are going to fuh-lip when you see this awesome set, all ready for that hip, trendy chalkboard look that is so hot right now! You can see the full set reveal at the MFT blog, so stop over there for full details when you're finished up here.

I stamped one of the fabby sentiments from Chalkboard Greetings onto a piece of Black Licorice card stock that was die cut using the rounded top layer from Blueprints 3.  Before stamping my sentiment, I ran my anti-static pouch over the top and then embossed the image with white embossing powder. For that authentic chalkboard look, I worked a bit of white craft ink onto the layer using a sponge in a circular motion, here and there. 

Here you can hopefully see the rooster image from Life's Direction stamped tone on tone on the Electric Red layer and then speckled with bits of ink using a color spritzer tool. He's also stamped on a circle cut with Blueprints 3 with a little color spritzing there as well. To pull together my chalkboard layer and the rooster images, I added a bit of the chicken wire stamp from Distressed Backgrounds. Man, I love that set, too!

Finally,  a look inside where I've stamped mr. rooster on another Electric Red circle and then topped him with a birthday sentiment from Life's Direction. To finish is off, I stamped a bit more of the chicken wire stamp from Distressed Backgrounds in Steel Blue ink and tucked a small Fishtail Flags Layers behind the stamped layer.

You're definitely going to want to check out the other teaser projects today, so head over the the MFT blog for a full listing, and THEN...come back tomorrow for one more teaser!
~Amy

Here are the MFT goodies used on today's projects:
(remember that links to new products will become functional on Tuesday, May 7th)

19 comments:

Shemaine Smith said...

very nice projects!

Gypsy 2 said...

Love the chalk board technique and these sentiments are going to to be perfect!!Great card

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card! Love the way you used the rooster and chicken wire stamps! Gorgeous! I am your newest subscriber! :)

Tracey said...

Absolutely fabulous! Love the chalkboard technique!!

Celeste Goff said...

Am loving the new chalkboard stamps!!

Cindi said...

Beautiful card! I love your colors and design.

Tricia T said...

Wonderful, Amy! I haven't tried the chalkboard technique yet, and these stamps are perfect for it!

Tricia

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love the fabulous design and the colors you used.

Tami B. said...

Chalkboard Greetings is an absolutely wonderful set & is going on my list of must haves. Great card.

wendy said...

terrific, lovin the chalkboard set!

Liz said...

I especially love the color combo on this. WEll executed. on my wishlist... yup, yup , yup

RedGem said...

I just love kraft and red colors together and you definitely used the new stamp set to show off those colors.

Golda said...

Fantastic example! I love the look of the Chalkboard Greetings.

Tammy H said...

Very cute card. Loving the farmyard motifs.

Deanne Gutierrez said...

Love it - Love it!

Denise Bryant said...

Great card! Love the chalkboard look, and that great stamp!

Annheidel said...

Love your card!

Unknown said...

Love the chalkboard projects!

Lyn said...

Love love love

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...