Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mojo Monday 189 {Mom}

Just when I thought I was going to take a month off from stamping, I realized how many cards I really, really need to make: Mother's Day, birthdays, graduations...what was I thinking?! The Mojo Monday sketch this week inspired me to get on with a few of the cards on my list, starting with one for my Mom, entirely inspired by Julee's sample...

I'd (honestly) thought about stamping these leaves in black, and then when I saw Julee's card, I just knew it was an 'ok' thing to do, and it wouldn't look dark and depressing one bit! Another fun piece of my card is the button card layer which is from Kerri Bradford's This & That: Spring, so I'm pleased to announce my first official 'hybrid' card...sorta?! Of course, those beautiful leaves and flowers (as well as the sentiment) are all from Verve...could not, could not, could not resist ordering those sets: Bloom & Grow and Love Deepens, along with the coordinating dies.

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Amy

8 comments:

Jessica said...

This is so pretty, I love the black!

Lori Craig said...

This is beautiful! Love the black and yellow. I need to get these stamps inky! LOVED this set! Miss you, girl! Hope you have a strong finish to the school year! Summer is coming!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a lovely card Amy. Love the colors and the pretty papers. :o)

Luanne said...

What a wonderful card! Love all your creativity. The colors are wonderful, as well as the gorgeous flower. I need that leaf die! (and of course the stamp set that goes with it...LOL) Fabulous!

Carolyn said...

A very nice post! I was collecting ideas on my stamps. I like the concept. Keep it up!

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is positively gorgeous, Amy! Love that little sentiment flag in the corner and these colors and patterns are so full of "happy"! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Olena said...

Congrats! Beautiful card! Olena

kids birthday party ideas said...

Great post...my life has also a memorable day.its my lovely day when i was 7 year old and my mom organize a birthday party...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...