Pages

For Sale

Monday, August 19, 2013

August Creative Challenge - Felt

Welcome to this month's MFT Creative Challenge where we're exploring lots of possibilities using felt! I just have to say right here and now that I love felt. I love the texture, the pliable nature of it and the way it takes projects up a notch. Visit the MFT Blog to see who's playing along with this month's Creative Challenge!

I've put my MFT Die-namics and felt to work for my Creative Challenge projects featuring a variety of bottle tags that make hostess gifts a snap!
Each of the bottle tags uses the Die-namics Let's Toast set.

First up is a fun jack-o-lantern tag using Orange Fizz felt, backed with another Let's Toast tag in Black Licorice. Before adhering the two layers together, I ran the Orange Fizz felt layer through my Big Shot with the 'boo' letters from High-Rise Alphabet Lowercase and the Paper Bag Peek-a-Boos Die-namics face. A fuzzy Grape Jelly spider adds a little punch of color.

Next comes Thanksgiving. A simple Fuse Green Let's Toast tag is stamped with Fuse Green stripes from Plaid Background Builder and layered with a single Hot Fudge felt Fall Leaves leaf and Tangy Orange button. The sentiment from Big Greetings is stamped in Hot Fudge ink.

More toasts and hostess gifts for Christmas, for sure. This Primitive White Let's Toast tag is simply layered with a Red Hot felt Poinsettia, decked with sequins, and a simple sentiment using High-Rise Alphabet Lowercase in Gumdrop Green felt.

Gumdrop Green Let It Snow snowflakes and Bubblegum High-Rise Alphabet Lowercase letters stand out against a simple Black Licorice Let's Toast tag. This one is perfect for that last minute winter party invite!

Last up is a fun and festive Steel Grey tag to ring in the new year using the champagne glass from Let's Toast in Black Licorice felt, surrounded by Grapsicle felt Stacking Stars and a sentiment in Steel Blue from Birthday Sentiments. I've also stamped a clock face from Timeless and '2013' using the new Cooper Alphabet.

Thanks for hanging with me today (get it, hanging!). I hope you've found some fun ideas for your stash of MFT felt and bottle gift tags! See you later this week for Wednesday Stamp Club and then again next week for the start of Teaser Time week!
~Amy



9 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a great way to dress up a bottle of wine Amy! So fun and creative!

Melody said...

So creative Amy!! I just love this idea. Adds that extra special touch to a gift.

Inge Groot said...

Love this idea Amy, how fun all those dressed up bottles...awesome!

Lisa H. said...

oooooo! gorgeous wine toppers! love the felt accents.

Jodi Collins said...

These are simply FANTASTIC! I ADORE how you made one for each season! I am SO doing this...what a great gift these make!!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

These are awesome, Amy! So clever and fun! The attention to detail and color combos are spot on!

wendy said...

OMG fabulous Amy!

Tracey said...

Fabulous use of felt!! Awesome!!

Michele Boyer said...

I love these, Amy! So creative! (My fave is the pumpkin!) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...