Pages

For Sale

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sneaky Peek Day 5: Nesting

Sneaky Peek Week
Welcome to Day 5 of The Cat's Pajamas Sneaky Peek Week! Today we're showing off Nesting, and I've got a 'project' of sorts to share with you, so let's take a look-see...


I started with a frame with an 8x10 opening, made a background with a piece of burlap and then topped the burlap with 4 die cut rectangles measuring approximately 3.5x2.5 inches. The markings on my Big Shot sandwich plates created a cool impression on the die cut rectangles, giving them a sort of rice paper look.


Each rectangle is stamped with the nest from Nesting with the exception of the sentiment layer which features TCP's Nightie Alphabet. I stamped the images in Versafine Onyx Black and then embossed each with clear EP.



What I tried to achieve is something symbolic of my children, so each of the 3 eggs in the 3rd quadrant nest is lightly colored in their birthstone color. In addition, there are 3 birthstones (mini gems) under the stamped 'e' to represent them as well.

One of the birds from Nesting was stamped onto black card stock, trimmed out and popped up on her nest.

I hope you enjoyed my 'project' today. I think this set has so many papercrafting possibilities, and I'll be back closer to the release (Tuesday, June 28) to show you more of them! Check out Alma's blog today to see who else is playing along with today's Sneaky Peeks!
~Amy

10 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Oh I love this SO MUCH! I'm about to move into a new home, I may have to borrow your idea and make myself a little housewarming gift. :-)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I think this is so amazing, Puff. Seriously. So simple, but SO COOL. You are the bomb, you know that? I'm in awe...

Bonnie said...

I think this is just fabulous! I love the symbolism of the eggs and the jewels and the whole project! I am also in awe.....just like Carole...

Linda Nicholson said...

Beautiful project Amy! I too may have to borrow this idea in my new home. I love how you have the different colors to represent your children. So sweet!

Linda

Alma de la Rosa said...

AWWWW! So cute and what a wonderful keepsake. And the "rice paper"? Just a terrific way to embrace the unexpected.

Nancy said...

I absolutely love what you've done here, Amy! Gorgeous simplicity.

Lisa H. said...

holy heck! this is waaaaay cute! loove that you used the impression side of the cs.....it does look GREAT here!

Nancy Thomas said...

Amy - this is beautiful enough for any home. Symbolic and beautiful.

Unknown said...

So Ms. Amy this is truly beautiful and even MORE so now that I read the story behind it!! LOVE that you made it symbolic of your family - very very sweet!! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

How beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...