Pages

For Sale

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Challenge Trifecta!

Since I haven't been getting much time to stamp lately on top of being sick this past week, I decided it would be the best and most efficient use of my time to combine a few of the challenges in which I wanted to participate. So, the three challenges combined on this cute little cupcake monkey card are: TCP Tuesday, CC206--More Rosey Kiwis, and SC216--whew, that was a mouthful, eh?! For the deets on each of the challenges, simply click away on the name of each. One thing you need to know is that the TCP challenge called for the incorporation of a cupcake, so I decided to try my hand at a "hand cut" cupcake, if you will. I used my Fiskars decorative edge scissors for the top of the More Mustard cupcake liner and added a bit of Ranger Diamond Stickles on the Rose Red Velvet cupcake itself. This sweet monkey and the "hey" portion of the sentiment are sneak peeks from new TCP stamps coming your way in March, and the "cupcake" portion is my handwritten addition.



A couple other fun things I've noticed "others" doing lately that I decided to try: that "smudge-y" outline which I (sorta) achieved using my blender pen and brown ink; and a flat side view of my card to show the dimension of the popped up layers. I've mentioned before that I usually emulate others' cool ideas, so thanks peeps for your inspiration. Oh, you'd like to know where the inspiration came from? Well, of course!

Smudge-y outline: Amy Sheffer/Pickled Paper Designs

Flat side view: Kelly Lunceford/Atomicbutterfly




Thanks for stopping by today!

Align Center

5 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is darling, Amy!! What a way to combine those challenges!! And really who isn't inspired by Amy or Kelly????

Kelly Lunceford said...

***blushing**** you are so sweet amy! This is a darling card! I love your fresh, fun style! TFS

Lori Craig said...

So darling... Love these bright, fun colors! :) Have a great weekend, Amy!

Karrie Baker said...

Very cute Amy!! Thanks for playing!

Carol said...

Oh what a CUTE monkey holding that cupcake, how perfect! And really like the layout you used! Thanks for playing with the rest of us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...