Pages

For Sale

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

CTD 607 - Punny Farm

I have a fun, interactive card for you this week featuring stamps and dies from two of my favorite companies, both near and dear to my heart: SugarPea Designs & The Cat's Pajamas

Whatever The Weather
Barn To Be Wild
Peek-A-Boo Frames
  

Each of the farm animals is watercolored in this week's Color Throwdown Challenge colors - yellow, purple and blue. Have you heard the poem, The Purple Cow? I remember reading it in our ancient set of Childcraft: The How & Why Library waaay back in my younger years and there was an accompanying picture of a purple cow. Growing up on a dairy farm in WI, I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Anywho, that's where the inspiration for my card started. Oh my gosh, I just searched and found it! Anyone else remember this?


Childcraft, I love these books | Purple cow, Poetry for kids, Cow

 The first view is all buttoned up with sentiments from SugarPea's Barn To Be Wild stamped on interactive Peek-A-Boo Frames from TCP.  The cloud and sun die cuts are from SugarPea, but I'm sorry to say they may not be available any longer.

This second view shows the windows opened revealing the adorable farm crew from SugarPea's Barn To Be Wild.

Finally, a peek at all of the elements before I put everything together. I love these punny sentiments and know just the special recipient who shares my pun-loving sense of humor. 🖤

 

 

3 comments:

Carol (HB) said...

What a fabulous creation Amy! All that white and then you open those cute little doors and get blasted with the amazing color on the cute animals! FABULOUS! I love it!

I Card Everyone said...

Open the doors and see all the... purple?! and absolutely most adorable critters!! Such a fun, pun-y card!! OH do I wish that person was me! xx
=]

jenni1st said...

YES! YES! YES! I remember that purple cow - and the poem! That's from the Childcraft books my parents bought for us (along with encyclopedia Britannica); at least, that was our source. And I'm proud to say that with the possible exception of some Robert Frost and e.e. cummings, that's the only poem I can recite from memory all these years later. Come to think of it, I "cursed" my child with that too. Speaking from experience, I can safely say it will never completely leave his brain. Gotta share this picture you posted with my siblings. We all share the memory of that purple cow! Thanks for the trip down memory lane - and now that poem won't leave my head alone for at least a couple days!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...