Pages

For Sale

Friday, July 10, 2015

YNS Sketch Challenge - Sea It's Your Birthday!

Ahoy!
I'm playing along with the current (get it, current?!) Sketch Challenge from Your Next Stamp and came up with this summer-lovin' shaker card.

I feel like a bit of broken record, or anchor you could say, but I LOVE anything-anchor! The anchor die from YNS Island Fun is my go-to favorite when I need an anchor on the small-ish size, and I've also used the starfish from the same die set. 

I created a shaker pocket using a clear pocket and my handy dandy photo sleeve fuse tool and filled it with clear micro beads and rainstones (a gift from the amazeballs Karolyn Loncon). The banner below was created with Paper Smooches' Sailboat Die. I'm absolutely thrilled with the look of the 'water' floating the anchor. 

Ok, now it's your turn - check out the YNS Sketch Challenge and have a little nauty-fun!
~Amy

SUPPLIES:

12 comments:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Wonderful card Amy, the beads are perfect! Keep the nautical themed cards coming, I will take all the inspiration you are willing to share. My niece's wedding is soon and she loves nautical.
Thanks for sharing your take on sketch #18 at YNS!!!

Tracy Penney said...

This is stunning and so much fun. Love the idea of a shaker card with this sketch. I love the nautical theme. Thanks for playing along with the Your Next Stamp sketch challenge.

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous card! The seed beads really look like frothy water!

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous card! The seed beads really look like frothy water!

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous card! The seed beads really look like frothy water!

Paulette S said...

It's perfect! We raised our kids at the MX track and at the Lake, water skiing and wakeboarding. I love a nautical card and I'm so going to have to get a fuse tool! I think it would make shaker cards less time consuming. lol Thanks, Amy R.
http://paulettesprettypapercrafts dot wordpress dot com
since the Blogger branch of Google will not delete my profile for a blog that no longer exists! Can't edit it, and won't let me do it either!

Michele Boyer said...

I love your work.

Amy Rohl said...

And I love you, M!!

Nancy said...

Just so darn cute and creative! Love the way you used the seed beads!

hollybeary creations said...

This came out great.. What a fun shaker card! I love how you used the sketch and the shaker element is perfect.. Thanks for joining us at YNS!

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

This is gorgeous Amy! Off to share it on our FB page :o) Thank you so much for playing along with our YNS challenge!

Deborah Anton said...

Fabulous creation Amy! Love the shaker idea and the super fun nautical theme. Thanks for playing in the YNS Challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...