Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Color Wash Stripes

Happy hump day! 

I couldn't wait to play along with this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and came up with this little ditty. The challenge is to use color wash or color mists + stamping and I decided to do a little color washing for my background. I got so darn excited about my color washed stripes that I forgot to add stamping to them, but I did do a little stamping on the shaker window. ;-)

In the supplies listed below, you'll notice Post-It Masking Tape. I tore long strips of the tape in half and used them to mask my background layer into stripes and hold my paper in place. Then I pressed distress ink onto my craft mat, spritzed it with water and painted (color washed) the stripes. Before pulling the masking tape and while the paper was still wet, I sprinkled gold embossing powder here and there, heat set it and then pulled the tape off to reveal this really cool background.

I noticed that I just happened to have some shaker card ingredients that matched my color wash stripes, so I die cut a circle into the background layer and added a shaker pouch behind. I have so many wonderful friends who I dearly wish lived closer to me, so I really should mass produce this one!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a chance to check out the Simon Says Monday Challenge following the link below.
~Amy

Simon Monday Challenge Blog

SUPPLIES:

8 comments:

Lisa H. said...

Love your color washed stripes! Love this card!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Fabulous! Absolutely fabulous! I love every last drop!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Fabulous! Absolutely fabulous! I love every last drop!

Carol (HB) said...

This is so cool!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Gob smacked, that's what I am... just amazing! Add me to the list, 'kay?
=] M

laury55 said...

love your card!!!

Suzanne C said...

Love the stripes and the cool effect! The shaker window with the gold die cut sentiment is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Jamie said...

Love those stripes! Awesome card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...