Pages

For Sale

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

MFT Organization Event Day 2 - Stencils

Welcome to day 2 of a week filled with ideas and tips to get your crafty area organized! Today's focus is stencils, and I'm going to show you how I currently organize my stencil collection. Always keep in mind that you have to find what works for YOU, not because someone else is doing it this way or that.
http://mftstamps.com/blog
Not only are you going to find a ton of ideas linked from the MFT Blog, you're going to be eligible to win a prize package on each of the 5 Days to an Organized Crafty Stash event.

 As you saw yesterday with my stamp storage, my stencil storage starts out on the same page in these 12x12 bins housed in rolling cart.

A simple strip of washi tape and black Sharpie keep bin labeling a cinch. This method also allows me to make changes as needed in minimal do-over time.

These carts allow me much flexibility to pull out an entire drawer and carry it here or there while keeping everything in one place which is vital when the crafty space blows up, know what I mean?!

You can see a few of my stencil-techniques supplies also call this bin home which is entirely possible because stencils don't take up much room at all! There are 40+ stencils in that little pile.

 Once I'm ready to work with my stencils, I simply grab and move that bin from the cart to my work table and away I go, everything in one spot.

Full disclosure: I don't label my stencils! But, for me, it's easy to look it up on the MFT Store site and gives me an excuse to do a little shopping while I'm there.

Thanks for taking a tour with me today, I hope you enjoyed your stay and will come back tomorrow for more ideas for getting your crafty space in order. Now, head on over to the MFT Blog to see what's in today's prize package. Good luck!
~Amy

20 comments:

Joan V said...

Very tidy stencil drawer. I love how you have everything you need in that one space. Fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing.

Doudou said...

Great storage

Doudou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry D. said...

What a GREAT idea with the washi tape!..So easy and fast. Never thought of THAT. Thanks.

Becky said...

This is a great idea, and great use of the wasi tape..

Tracie said...

Nice that the stencils and tools are contained in a handy little drawer that can easily be pulled out and put away.

Brenda Lee said...

Love that the bins are removable.

JAVAGIRL said...

Very cool

Gretchen Wilson said...

Well this is an area that I haven't tackled before, I do have a lot of these drawers not spoken for so that maybe a good solution. However I have way to much paste and in different colors and textures, now what to do with all that.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your system with us!

Nora Noll said...

I like this drawer system you used. I don't have these drawers but have some containers that are similar. I think I might buy another one to store my stencils. Thank you for the idea!!

JoAnn said...

Great storage tips. I like how you have all your stencil supplies in the one drawer.

Kim A. said...

I love that your stencils and the things you need to use with them are all contained in one drawer. Loving the hop!!!
Kim
unlchamps@aol.com

Kim P said...

I love those wide drawers! I do not have any stencils...yet. They look so fun!

Kerri said...

love the big drawers I have a few of those myself!!!!

Celeste Goff said...

You're much more organized than me. My things are in drawers but not labeled and definitely not that neatly. LOL

Parker said...

I like the idea of a craft center on wheels. Thanks for the idea.

Queen Mary said...

I do like it Amy! I like having everything in one place and having it portable like this to carry to different parts of the house!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those clear drawers! Thanks for the inspiration!

zerry ht said...

Really great storage and informative article. You have shared great ideas dear on your blog. Have you some ideas for games for corporate events? I would like to know more about the events. Please help as I need ideas on urgent basis.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...