Pages

For Sale

Monday, January 12, 2015

MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints

Welcome to a brand new challenge hosted by the folks at My Favorite Things. The challenge is all about reconnecting with the Die-namics Blueprints, and this month's focus is on Blueprints 1 and Blueprints 2

Complete challenge details can be found at the MFT Blog.

My first card uses a narrow strip die from Blueprints 2 and a wider strip die from Blueprints 1 in a rainbow  of colors: Blueberry, Wild Wisteria, Blu Raspberry, Sno Cone, Persimmon, Peach Bellini and Banana Split.  After arranging the wide and narrow strips on Primitive White card stock in a wonky fashion, I die cut the entire layered panel with the large stitched edge panel from Blueprints 2 for a finished look.

I was going to stop there but decided to die cut the entire layered panel with Love Centerpieces and then stacked 3 more layers of the Love Centerpieces beneath the rainbow layer I'd cut first. Make sense?

I used the same technic on the top right corner, mixing in a fishtail tab from Blueprints 1.

My second card is by the book, completely following one of the sketches provided with Blueprints 1. When you're just not in the mood to mix and match, the sketches give you all the love and guidance you need! And since my sketch called for lots of layers, I kept things clean and simple by using just two colors: Kraft and Paver Red.

I added a little extra to the pair of hearts from I Love You More by coloring them with Copics and topping them off with Glossy Accents. You can also see the Paver Red base layer is stamped with the gorgeous new Damask Background stamp in Paver Red dye ink.

Ok, now it's your turn to mix and match with Blueprints 1 and 2, or simply follow along with sketches provided with each of the Blueprints Die-namics. 

Can't wait to see what you come up with!
~Amy

8 comments:

Birgit said...

I totally love the first card and want to send you my address now. The second is super sweet too. I'm so glad to see some ideas using older sets that have been out a while. It's always fun to go back and use what we have.

Debbie Nelson said...

Love both cards...thank you once again for the inspiration!

Celeste Goff said...

What great cards! I love all of the paper piecing you did on the first card!

Lisa H. said...

That first card rocks! So eye catching!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW - that love card is amazing!!

Kai Ramos said...

Wow! The first card is just out-of-the-box! So creative!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss that first one, OMG girl, genius!!!!

Dana Joy said...

Love these cards Amy. Now I need to go spend some money on purchasing those dies. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...