Pages

For Sale

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sis!

Today is my sister's birthday...I won't say *which one*, only that she's OLDER than me! She's my one and only sister, and although I have no reference point, she is the bestest sister. She's always been supportive of me, even when she probably knows I'm headin' down the wrong road, or have said something really stupid (happens to me quite frequently)...unconditional love, that's what it is, baby!


Here's the birthday card I made for her, using the same layout as the birthday card I made for myself --I promise to find a new sketch soon! The card starts with a 3 1/4" x 6 1/2" base in Kraft, layered with a strip of Soft Sky scalloped designer paper from K&Co. Classic K Margo pad. The central image is SU!'s Mixed Bouquet stamped in Palette Noir Black ink and watercolored with Wild Wasabi, Taken with Teal and Blue Bayou reinkers. Sentiment is from The Angel Company. I stamped and colored the rose twice, cut one out and popped it on top of the first rose with Dimensionals. The card still *needed* something to pull it together, so I added a layer of vellum cardstock under the central image layer, a bit of May Arts striped grosgrain and 3 black brads.


Happy Birthday, Lisa!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...