Pages

For Sale

Friday, June 27, 2008

Double Challenge!

I had a little time to stamp after putting George to bed last night and came up with this double challenge card. The two challenges are Tuesday's Color Challenge 172 and Thursday's Ways To Use It Challenge 172 over at Splitcoaststampers. The colors for CC172 are Taken With Teal, White & Wild Wasabi, and the WT172 Challenge is to use birds. I was determined to NOT use any birds stamps that I'd recently purchased and so I spied A Little Birdie Told Me, half cut out, not seeing the light of day or ink in a looong time--poor thing, wonder it's alive. Well, I revived it with a tap-tap-tap of Palette Noir Black ink and all was well, ship-shape! You can see from the photo that my lil' birdie is paper pieced using the also much neglected SU! designer series paper pad from the Hostess Level 1 set. Instead of a sentiment from my birdie set, I used *hello chica* from CHF's The Landing Pad, just because! Of course, no card of mine lately would be complete without buttons, so I added two this time, breaking from my *3 buttons* tradition, and then finished 'er off with a length of Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon.



Finally, just in case you're *real* observant: yes, you're right--I've used this 3.25"x6.5" card size and similar sketch/layout quite a bit lately (not for at least 2 weeks though, snort!)??! Rest assured my friends, the sketch came into play only after I'd stamped and assembled my main panel...it was a *must* for the dimensions of the main panel! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it Ü

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Really, you have NO IDEA how inspirational your card are to all the folk "down under"! I have been admiring your amazing work at SCS for ages, since my adorable SU! demo introduced me to stamps and SCS just over 12 months ago. She move to Oz a few years ago from USA, and is just amazing! I'm TOTALLY hooked to your blog and stamping
Keep up the gr8 work

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet, love a double challenge.

Angie Tieman said...

This is fabulous! Great job with the double challenge!

Jenny Gropp said...

Super cute- love the ribbon wrap around.

Enjoli said...

I ♥ the Carte Postale card!! Beautiful!...I'm so sad it's retiring. I tagged you on my blog. Read my post here:

http://stampingunderthesun.blogspot.com/2008/06/ive-been-tagged.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...