Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Last Minute Holiday Gift Idea

Hi there. I have a handful of fun felt coasters using MFT felt along with old and new Die-namics that qualify as a Last Minute Gift Idea! The great thing about these designs is that 1) they're quick and easy, 2) you can sub in dies that you already have in your stash and 3) they're just plain cute and fun!

 
Each coaster consists of three layers of felt glued together with die cut inlays on the top layer. You can sew or glue your base layers together. I used glue on mine to keep with that last minute quick theme.

...for teacher using Red Delicious & Square STAX Die-namics

...snowflake coasters are everywhere this year!

...hexagons and anchors are still hot, people!

 ...my favorite - happy hour holly
  • Die cut a martini glass from the top circle layer and again from contrasting felt; reposition the glass in the Circle STAX top layer (like putting a puzzle together).
  • Place your puzzle in your die cut machine and place the leaf die on top of your puzzle, overlapping it on the glass rim just a bit; die cut leaf from green felt and put your puzzle back together.
  • Place your puzzle in your die cut machine and place the tiny circle die (berry) as shown in picture; die cut from red felt and put your whole puzzle together.
(If that is just not clear to you, please let me know, and I'll be happy help you out best I can!)

The MFT crew put together some really awesome felt creations as part of this month's Creative Challenge which you can get to from the MFT Blog, so check it out. 

I'm going to try and be back with a  few more projects before we wrap up 2014, but if I don't, I want to wish you all a very blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Amy


3 comments:

Lisa H. said...

These are awesome and so are you! Thanks for the ideas!

Ellibelle said...

Saw these on SCS and came to take a closer look. These really make such fabulous gifts, I especially love the snowflake shape.

Kim Stewart said...

I’m sure you will provide the more awesome blogs like these blogs that I’ve enjoyed a lot.You can make income from puzzle die cutting machines by designing own or unique and personalized shapes and sizes in order to meet the needs of the people. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...