Pages

For Sale

Friday, June 20, 2014

WSC 181 - hello friend {watermelon}

Hi, and welcome to this week's Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch with My Favorite Things.  This week's sketch is a fun one that can be interpreted any way you wish! I've been dying to make a watermelon slice using the Stitched Circle STAX and took a little liberty with the full circle featured on the sketch to fulfill my watermelon craving!

I used the first, third and fourth largest dies from the Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics in Sour Apple, Primitive White and Razzle Berry to create a watermelon slice and topped it with three seeds using the smallest leaf die from Blueprints 14.

Continuing on with the watermelon seed theme, I dry embossed the Black Licorice layer with my Teardrop Stencil. Bitty Banners provided the inspiration for my hello friend flags attached to plain ol' toothpicks and tucked behind my watermelon slice.

Inside I simply stamped the main image from the new Smile stamp set along with a trio of ants from Every Day is a Picnic.

I hope you're enjoying some nice summer-like weather!  Direct links to all MFT products can be found below and complete WSC details can be found at the MFT Blog. Have a great weekend!
-Amy

 Products used on today's card:

4 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What an amazing card! How did you get the stitched line at the top of the watermelon?

Amy Rohl said...

Thanks, Celeste! I used the edge of the square die from BP14 to cut my stacked circles in half which gave it that nice stitched edge on top. Does that make any sense?

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I'm not getting any of your posts. FeedBurner has stoped working for your email subscribers. You may want to consider choosing another company to do that for you, it's been going on for over a month now. I really miss getting your posts. The crafters I'm still getting posts from are using FeedBlitz or have a WordPress blog, or maybe even have their own domain. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy, I want to make sure you got my reply. So delete this if you've already read it.
My WordPress blog probably uses a program in their own Automattic, Inc. service. I didn’t choose a service to send out email subscriptions, I chose the Widget for email subscriptions after I set up my blog because I sign up for a lot of email sub’s on other people’s blogs. LOL There are no indications on the post from my blog referring to who they use. You know, like when people who use FeedBlitz posts come into to email box, the Email is titled FeedBlitz. You might check with Kim at MFT, I’m still getting her posts, the sketch challenges and the monthly release posts, and her video/make a card posts. I looked at the bottom of the last one, but there is no identifying properties that tell who she uses. It’s all so Technical! isn’t it? I am getting mail from Jennifer McGuire, Melissa Phillips (Lilybean Paperie blog), The Card Grotto, Heather Telford (Bits and Pieces blog) and Split Coast Stampers, Dina Kowal, Tim Holtz, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn’s, Michael’s. Lawn Fawn, Simon Says Stamp, all of the DT for MFT and any who use Blogger or Typepad, I’m not getting. When I google about FeedBurner, the links I’ve clicked on and read, show that parts of it like the e-reader were phased out and people more technical than me assumed that FeedBurner would stop without notice as well. So nice of them to let all of their bloggers know. At first I thought you could just go to the dashboard of your blog and choose something else, but that may not be the case, there may only be one choice and it’s FeedBurner. When I try to sub again to the blogs I’m following, it says You are already following this blog with FeedBurner. You may have to change your blog to a different company. I started out with Blogger, but it wasn’t ipad friendly and I switched to WordPress.com, it was really easy, WP did it all for me, and transferred my posts and pictures over. There were a few pictures I had to come back and update or put back in, but they are constantly updating and improving things and they email you with links and have a help file to find what ever you need. Hope this helps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...