Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MFT WSC #105: l♥ve u!

Just in case you missed my cool news, I'm guest designing with My Favorite Things for their upcoming release (January 8), and I couldn't think of a better way to start off the new year! It's my honor and priviledge to work alongside this uber talented group of ladies called Team MFT, and I hope you have as much fun looking at my MFT projects over the next week as I've had making them!

Here's a look at Lisa Johnson's Homespun Hearts set and coordinating Rustic Hearts Die-namics. This set is the essence of 'homespun' and will tug at your heart strings, guaranteed!

 My card combines homespun with a few edgy undertones for an eclectic look and feel. I love the contrast in the straight lines of the patterned paper, corrugated cardboard and Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers, softened by that sweet heart doily that you see tucked behind the main image panel (Die-namics Heart Doily...you're gonna LOVE it).

Here's a little detail of the main image panel featuring the following (new) Die-namics: Rustic Hearts, Keys & Locks and Ticket Book.  I've combined the new Die-namics with the High Rise Lowercase Alpha, highlighting the die cut heart with a sentiment stamped from Homespun Hearts.

Here's a look at the MFT WSC sketch followed by my interpretation of the base layer using a new addition to the Die-namics STAX family: Hearts!

I used hearts in lieu of the circles shown in the sketch, cutting apart one of the larger STAX Hearts to meet with the straight edge of the patterned paper border.

One last photo to share of the inside of my card and you're on your way!

The inside features the Heart Doily and Rustic Hearts Die-namics along with two sweet sentiments from Homespun Hearts.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come on back tomorrow for Teasers Day 2 starting at midnight EST!
~Amy

15 comments:

Jenny said...

You blow me away every time I visit your blog!!! I wanna pick your brain!!! lol :) Great job! xo

Lisa H. said...

amazing scrappy card!!1 love how you used those hearts and the colors rock! diggin' the kraft,yellow and the black look sooo great together.

Monique1971 said...

Wow, great card! Love the color combo and that yellow makes it pop! Have fun being a guest designer. Such an honor!

Elizabeth said...

Great textures and layers on this one.

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Love the yellow/black color combo and the way you used the heart die. TFS

Melody said...

Amazing card as always Amy!! Just love the color combo!

Unknown said...

What a great card.
Congrats on being the Guest Designer this month!

Shanna Shands said...

Great color combo.

Christina Fischer said...

Amazing! Have I told you lately that you ROCK?!?!? :)

Tracey said...

Love the colours! Gorgeous!

Jodi Collins said...

These are BEAUTIFUL! SO perfectly designed!!!

Kelley said...

I never would have thought of this color combination for Valentine's day, but I love it.

Jane White said...

I like the half doily!

Ravengirl said...

Enjoy the guest DT gig! Love this card, it totally rocks!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

I Love, Love, Love THIS! I'm screaming over here. Absolutely Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...