Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mojo Monday-ish meets TCP Tuesday on Wednesday!

Today's post title translates to this: I tried incorporating Mojo Monday 86 into my TCP Tuesday 58 and am finally posting it today--Wednesday! The -ish part of the mojo monday is because I strayed a bit from the sketch, but it was necessary in order to use the mod car image from TCP's It's a Mod, Mod World set. The size of the card made my center image panel wider, making less room on either side for separate panels called for on the original sketch. You can see what I mean by clicking on the Mojo Monday link above.

I created this card last night and had so much fun because even though I was following the parameters of 2 challenges (somewhat), I really felt like I was stamping for my own enjoyment, and that's what it's all about, right? I pulled out paper from Crate Paper's Zoom collection thinking it would be a fun match for the TCP car and pooch, although the addition of the sentiment (I'm just your love machine) to the base layer text (i like to go fast) makes me wonder if I've gone a little too far with my zest for fun and wonky combinations, if you kwim?!



Just a comment or two on a few of the extra-extras and I'll be on my way:
  • the paper pieced car was stamped in watermark ink, embossed with clear ep, cut and layered on the car image stamped in Wild Wasabi
  • the "rocky road" was achieved with wonky punches using 1/16" and 1/8" punches
  • Sakura gelly roll pen in Stardust was added here and there for a fun sparkly contrast to the muted colors in the designer paper
Thanks for stopping by today, and tomorrow I'm planning to share a few more of the From The Desk Of organizers that I worked on over the weekend, so y'all come back now!

5 comments:

Julia Aston said...

This is so fun and cute Amy! love the image, the paper and the fun sentiment!

Chris said...

No way did you go too far...I love it! That saying just cracks me up. Love the idea of clear embossed on paper...

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous! Love Poochie's stripe-y car, Amy!!!

Jennifer said...

So so cute. Love it!!

Carol said...

Amy this is so rad!!! :) Really like how you paper pieced Poochie's space car and that muted pp is perfect, creating a nice look! I do love the sentiment, goes great with the heart! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...