Pages

For Sale

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Matryoshka SFYTT

Today's sketch, with it's graduated circles, reminded me of the sweet Matryoshka Dolls stamp set I'd picked up at My Cute Stamps. I'd thought about using the smaller two dolls on each of the smaller circles, but in the end decided to showcase the entire trio front and center which makes more sense since they're always together, wink!

Paper is from Crate Paper--Birdie Collection, and whenever I use it I think of this bright orange ribbon, hoping it will pick up the bits of orange in the paper. The ribbon is a little wild for the subtle paper patterns but with the addition of the soft blue/green button, I think it tames it down.

Lastly today, I have to make a confession which you'll hear about today and see more of next week. Last night I finished what I thought was today's SFYTT card only to realize I'd used next week's sketch, aack! Here I thought I was coming out of my clumsy/forgetfulness slump, but it reared it's head once more. Actually, I'm a little nervous about publishing this post, wondering if this is today's sketch or not?!

Let's see what the other SFYTT girlies have been up to:

Jen & Julie (May guest designer)
Kelly
Susan
Amy
Carole

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Darling, Amy! Love the pop of that orange ribbon...

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

i love this, amy! i've been thinking about getting those cute stamps. and see, now you are ahead of the game for next week! yay you!

Julie Campbell said...

Well, you KNOW I love this!!! :) I love the pop of orange!

Julie said...

Amy this is adorable! And don't feel bad, I *almost* used the wrong sketch too! LOL!

Amy Sheffer said...

Fabulous, Amy! Absolutely love that orange ribbon - perfect!! And how cool is it that you're already done for next week?? :D

Krystal said...

Adorable! What great cutting on the Matryoshka dolls. So cute and fun!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

That is wonderful! I love that you used the patterned paper for the dolls' bodies. (And wow, I never knew there were so many Amys who do stamping!)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I TOTALLY did the same thing on the sketch, Amy! GMTA! For whatever reason (maybe the way it was lined up in the email?), I thought next week's sketch was this weeks and had it all determined in my head how I was going to work it... Since I was doing mine this a.m., I decided to look and see what everyone else did first to see if I could get more inspired. So, I came to your blog, saw your FAB nesting dolls, and thought 'Eeek! I'm thinking of the wrong sketch!' I went to Jen's blog to double check, and sure enough -- I was about to embark with the wrong sketch BUT w/o enough time to do the right one!!! YOU saved me, girlfriend!!!

I love the burst of orange and these awesome, awesome images. Gonna have to do a little shopping. I'll let you off the hook for your enabling since you saved my bottom today! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...