Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Happy Fall-idays: Thanksgiving

Hi, friends! Welcome to day 2 of Reverse Confetti's Happy Fall-idays event. Yesterday's theme was Halloween and today is Thanksgiving. Can you guess what's coming at your tomorrow? 

For my Thanksgiving theme project, I mass produced 'thankful for you' gift card holders in this week's Color Throwdown #415 challenge colors - sage green, red, brown and cream. These gift card holders will be going out to staff members at my school in the maintenance and kitchen departments this week. 

I found a super quick and easy tutorial that called for a 2-3/4 by 11 inch piece of cardstock, trimmed at one end and scored at 3-1/2 inches and 7-1/2 inches from the opposite end. I used the Edgers Confetti Cuts to trim the end which you see above.

 
I then used the coordinating slit die from the Edgers Confetti Cuts to create a slit in which I tucked the point. 

Here's a look at the entire holder unfolded. You can see that the gift card fits perfectly, and I was able to get 3 holders from one sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 inch piece of cardstock. 


I embellished the front with Happy Harvest acorns along with Wheat Confetti Cuts. The Brick acorn caps are dry embossed with the Pointed Out Stencil for a extra texture.

CrewCreations2015
I can't wait to see what the Confetti Crew has created for Fall-idays: Thanksgiving!
Amy Rohl (me!)






8 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What an awesome gift card holder Amy! Love that acorn and the gold leaves!

Celeste Goff said...

What an awesome gift card holder Amy! Love that acorn and the gold leaves!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a thoughtful gift for your staff, Amy, and so pretty too!

~amy~ said...

So wonderful...delish colors!

Lisa H. said...

So pretty! Great idea and love the colors.

Audrey Pettit said...

These are adorable! Love the acorn toppers and the pretty colors you used. And how fabulous that you can create three of these from just one sheet of paper. That is a project for me! <3

Sheri Gilson said...

Awesome gift card holder, Amy! Love how you decorated them! Can't wait to give the tutorial a try....thanks!

Stampingcountry said...

You rocked the color challenge! I love that it is a gift card holder.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...