Pages

For Sale

Friday, July 3, 2015

AEI♥U Challenge: Sparkle!

Happy Friday! Are you all looking forward to the weekend? I sure am, because I just happen to be making my way to Alaska tomorrow for a quick visit with my daughter who is expecting her first baby any day now! Talk about adding a little sparkle(r) to your life, huh?! Speaking of sparkle, I'm making my inaugural participation in an AEI♥U Challenge, and this one just happens to be all about the sparkle! 

I wasn't really sure how or where I was going when I set out to sparkle-ify Avery Elle's Fabulous Florals set (and they are fabulous), so I played around with the idea of creating a stamped background using a couple of the stamps in black ink. Then I took a look through my glitter drawer and couldn't take my eyes off a tube of green glass glitter. Since the glitter is fairly coarse and therefore heavy, I filled each of the open leaves with Ranger Glossy Accents and then sprinkled my glitter on top. I was thrilled with the staying power of the Glossy Accents and the sparkle of that awesome glitter!

Wanting my sentiment to hold its own against  all that sparkle, I embossed it with clear embossing powder after stamping it in Versafine Onyx Black ink. 

http://aeiheartuchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/07/aeiu-challenge-26sparkle.html

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today and take a minute to check out the AEI♥U Sparkle Challenge! A list of supplies used on my card is listed below.
~Amy

Supplies:

3 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Love this sparkly card...that chunky glitter is awesome! And congrats on becoming a grandma! Safe travels and I hope your daughter and the baby do well during delivery and everyone will be healthy and happy!

Unknown said...

love this! so cool & stylish x

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Giiiirrrlllll - this is AH-MAZING!!! I love that delicious glitter on the leaves - so beautiful and elegant!! I've gotta find me some of that beautiful glass glitter!!! You killed this one, sistah!! Thanks so much for playing with us - I'm so glad you did!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...