Pages

For Sale

Monday, January 19, 2015

MFT Organization Event Day 1 - Stamps

Welcome to day 1 of a week filled with ideas and tips to get your crafty area organized! Today's focus is stamps, and I'm going to show you how I currently organize my clear and rubber stamps. Not only are you going to find a ton of ideas linked from the MFT Blog, you're going to be eligible to win a prize package on each of the 5 Days to an Organized Crafty Stash event.

I house my stamps in these roller carts that hold 12x12 covered bins. The carts are kept under my stamping table for quick access, but I've pulled them out for their photo debut.

Each of the bins is labeled in lo-tech style using washi tape and a black Sharpie marker. I happen to like this method because 1) it's quick and painless, and 2) I can easily switch labels in and out as needed.

Stamp collections are organized the way My Favorite Things categorizes them in the store. LJD is Lisa Johnson Designs and LLD is Laina Lamb Design.

Here's the rest: Die-namics Companion, Cling Rubber Backgrounds and Clearly Sentimental, per my abbreviations. Ü

 Look how perfectly those background stamps fit in the 12x12 bins. Love.

I also label each stamp set with my trusty black Sharpie. Again, lo-tech, but it works for me!

Another reason these covered bins work so well for me is that they keep everything together. So in the event one of the itty bitty stamps tries to run away from its family, it'll be found sooner or later!

Stamps with a coordinating Die-namics are kept together in a plastic sleeve. You can find these sleeves in two different sizes HERE in the MFT Store.

I hope you enjoyed a tour of my stamp organization and have plans to stop back tomorrow for more ideas for getting your crafty space in order. Always keep in mind that you have to find what works for YOU, not because someone else is doing it this way or that

Now, head on over to the MFT Blog to see what's in today's prize package. Good luck!
~Amy

25 comments:

Doudou said...

Great ideas!love so much

Amanda said...

I like the idea of writing straight on the stamp set so much quicker. Hugs,Amanda x

F said...

Love how you labeled the drawers and stamps! And I Love your handwriting - I would write on mine if I wrote like you!

Peg said...

Very organized! You said it, "it works for me" and that's what's important! I love the Pure Innocence stamps!

Joan V said...

Oh, fantastic organization. I have one of those carts, too. This may be an option for my GROWING collection of MFT stamps and dies. Thanks for sharing.

NatQuebec said...

Thanks to showing us your storage tricks.

Unknown said...

Great system. Sometimes lo-tech is a big time saver!

SabineV said...

great ideas!!!

Brenda Lee said...

Great storage solution! I, too, am pretty lo-tech. I love how the carts are on wheels allowing all the supplies to be moved from room to room easily.

Parker said...

I liked being able to see how you store all of your stamp sets and dies. It is very inspiring. Thanks.

Jennie said...

Great system and love how you keep the dies/stamps together!

Cynthia Clark said...

Great ideas. I'm organizationally challenged.

Anonymous said...

I love storing coordinating dies together with the stamp set, too!

Kim A. said...

I love the write on with sharpie method...right up my alley!

Lucy E. said...

Thanks for sharing!
I happen to like your low tech
approach to labeling. I get
anxious about making fancy
more permanent labels because
I may change my mind and then
I'd have to get the label maker out and
start all over!

Diane said...

Thank you for sharing your storage ideas. The lo-tech works for me.

DoofyJEss2 said...

Thanks for sharing! I love that you shared a low-maintenance storage idea. Huge fan of time-saving!!

Cori in W. Texas said...

You do "low tech" really well!

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

I have those organizers but I use them for other things. Thanks for your ideas.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Thanks so much for sharing your storage ideas, you can't get enough, as we all have different spaces to fill.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate MFT having this organizational series!!!

JAVAGIRL said...

Storage is awesome

Celeste Goff said...

Great organization tips! I'm still hashing through my small space and hope to one day find the perfect layout and storage.

Anonymous said...

Awesome sauce GF!

v hayes said...

Always fun to see new ideas on storage. Always need new storage ideas. Thank you

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...