Pages

For Sale

Thursday, July 10, 2014

MFT Release Rewind - Bring on the Cake!

Welcome to MFT Release Rewind - Day 2! I hope to inspire you with more ideas for those goodies you've purchased and are patiently waiting to be delivered, or to help you finish up your shopping if you're still on the fence.  Direct links to all products used on my cards can be found at the bottom of this post for your shopping convenience.

I have two cards to share with you today using more of Bring on the Cake Die-namics and Delicious Birthday, so let's get to it!

This is my version of  that '70's cake stand...a little Fuse Green, woodgrain Cake Stand and clear cover.


Ok, let's take it up a notch with Diagonal Stripes frosting on my single-layer cake. ;-)

I finished the inside with another sentiment from Delicious Birthday in Fuse Green ink and a few woodgrain Sequins.

Now let's switch it up a bit, using Bring on the Cake Die-namics meets Shaker Style, or at least that's what I'm thinkin'!

I added a layer of glossy accents to the wavy frosting on each layer and a few Black Licorice stars to match the cake base. 

I adore this sentiment from Delicious Birthday - it's so the way we just 'get on' our things these days. ;-)

Be sure to 'get on' on over to the MFT Blog for a complete list of designers playing along with today's Release Rewind so you don't miss out on a single thing and have a great weekend! THANK YOU for your sweet comments over the past week, I love hearing what you think of my hair-brain ideas!
-Amy


Print

Products used on today's cards:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cakes. thanks for sharing some pretty cards.

Lisa H. said...

sooo cool! love the accents you used to make these extra special.

Tesa Cook said...

Embossed icing, delicious cake, simply smooth cards.

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Sweet suite of cards, Amy! Fuse Green never looked so good!

Celeste Goff said...

What great cards! And how clever to use an acetate sheet to create the cake stand topper!

theinkingarden said...

Amy, do you still have the mft bring on the cake die and if so would you consider selling it to me? Fingers crossed.😊

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...