Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

MFT Wednesday Stamp Club - Go Be It!

Thanks for stopping in today! I have a fun, texture-filled card to share with you today that uses this week's WSC Sketch #182. You can find complete Wednesday Stamp Club details at the MFT Blog and a complete MFT product list at the bottom of this post. Let's get to it!

I'm still cranking out graduation cards and wanted this one to have that 'brick wall' look that you see in so many of the grad photos, and the Small Brick Wall Stencil worked perfectly. I first die cut the Kraft layer with the largest rectangle of Blueprints 6 and then coated it with a layer of embossing paste over my brick stencil.

While that layer dried, I got to work on my sentiment layer and embellishments. The sentiment from Chalkboard Greetings Too is stamped on a Black Licorice layer that was die cut using the smaller rectangle from Blueprints 6 in Sweet Tooth ink.

I added punches of color with the striped Blu Raspberry Stitched Strip and Grout Gray Stacked Stars.

The inside continues a minimal version of the front with another striped Fishtail Flag, star and sentiment from the same stamp set, Chalkboard Greetings Too.

I hope I've inspired you to pull together some of your favorite stamping supplies for this week's sketch. If you need a bit more inspiration, head on over to the MFT Blog for more eye candy!
-Amy

MFT products used on today's card:

3 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a fun card! I love the embossed brick background on the front of the card. I have yet to try embossing paste and stencils but it looks like fun!

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Amy! I finally got me some paste so now I should be able to do something similar with my MFT stencils...here is hoping ;)! Great design and I love the color combination.

Tracey said...

I.LOVE.THIS!! Amazing Amy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...