Pages

For Sale

Saturday, October 5, 2013

October Teaser Time - Grand Holiday Greetings

Welcome to Day 5 of Teaser Time Week with My Favorite Things. Please visit the MFT Blog for complete Teaser Time details, including how to WIN $75 cash to spend at My Favorite Things!

My card today features LJD Grand Holiday Greetings, a follow-up to one of my favorite sentiment sets, Grand Greetings. I'm also debuting a fabulous new ink for the holidays - Paver Red!

This card literally kept growing and growing once I'd decided that I wanted to pair a sentiment from Grand Holiday Greetings with the Die-namics Winter Wreath. I think it would be just as pretty without the added texture of the embossed Modern Morocco background on the Rounded Banner and the Sheet Music Background stamp, so if you're looking for something a bit simpler to mass produce, I think this could easily fit the bill for you.

I doubled the wreath, cutting two of the Winter Wreath from Olive card stock and then intertwining them a bit for added texture and dimension. I pressed glue dots here and there on the backside of the wreath to hold the two layers together and adhere it to the Rounded Banner. Paver Red is rich, gorgeous and the perfect color for your holiday cards; it adds just the right touch of red, in the stamped sentiment and matching bow.

Minimal stamping and layering on the inside of the card includes a Rounded Banner STAX in Kraft and sentiment strip from Blueprints 8 stamped with Olive stripes using Plaid Background Builder and a greeting from Ornament Banner Builder in Paver Red. (The Olive stripes were stamped off once)

Thanks for stopping by today, and if you haven't already, stop on over at the MFT Blog for complete details of today's Teaser Time products, and I'll see you back here tomorrow!
~Amy
TeaserTime_FullSize

29 comments:

Marisa said...

Gorgeous wreath!!

Janelle said...

What an elegant card!

slbt17 said...

WOW! What a great card - everything about it is perfect!
Sandra ltb

Lori Craig said...

Oh my word! What a stunner, Amy! Love that wreath! This is gorgeous!

Susan White said...

Awesome card!!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I just found your
internet site: Blogger: Ink About Me... when I was
surfing around digg.com.
It looks as though someone loved your blog so
much they decided to bookmark it. I'll
absolutely be returning here more often.

Feel free to surf to my site: rollator walker with large wheels

Tammy H said...

Beautifully classic card. Love the colors and the design with all the various textures.

Natalie said...

Absolute gorgeous design!!

Debbie Nelson said...

Love every thing about this card...just beautiful!

Kim O'Connell said...

Oh wow! This reminds me of a welcoming front door decorated for the Holidays. So classy!

Unknown said...

Amy - Beautiful card, loving all the layers.

Marijke said...

Beautiful card! Love the sentiment

Tracey said...

Loving the wreath! Beautiful card!!

Cathy Weber said...

Beautiful wreath...love the angled piece on the inside portion too!

De hobbydroom said...

Very beautiful card Amy!

Kari V. said...

beautiful!! I decided I need all these stamps and dies!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous wreath!

Michelle K said...

This is gorgeous! I really like the added detail of the background stamp.

Cindi said...

Beautiful card! I love the design.

Colleen said...

Love this card, the wreath is great

Janeen said...

thanks for saying that about the red. i am in need of red. love the dual wreath.

Colleen said...

What a beautiful card you made, love your color choices.

Barbara said...

CRAZY about this card, Amy! I love everything about it--it's perfect!

phylliszimm said...

Love the new greetings!

Anonymous said...

You get this for this card...SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

This is Absolutely Ahhh-Mazing! Love the background detail behind the wreath. Of course to say the color choices are spot ON!

Cathy said...

Love your card! The new Paver Red is so rich and goes great with the other colors.

Melinda Gleissner said...

OK, you've sold me on Paver Red. It looks great on your card. Love the fullness of your wreath.

Julie Ann said...

Love your card it is so elegant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...