Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

September Teasers Day 2 {Winged Beauties}

Welcome to Day 2 of Teaser Time week with My Favorite Things! As always, you can see full set reveals, prize information and a full list of participating designers for today's featured products at the MFT Blog. Today I'm teasing you with Mona's gorgeous new butterfly set, Winged Beauties. If you're looking for that go-to butterfly set, it's right.here.folks.

 
I'd recently seen a really cool color-blocked card (probably Pinterest) and thought it would make for a great contrast with the beautiful, floaty butterflies from Winged Beauties. I also wanted some depth to my stamping, as if the butterflies were fluttering around in a random cluster, so I used three different colors of ink to achieve this look: Steel Blue, Steel Grey and Sweet Tooth on Steel Grey card stock.

I love, love, love the variety in sizes of butterflies available in Winged Beauties which lent itself perfectly for the look and feel I wanted. A single strip of Lemon Drop card stock adds a wow-pow punch and is stamped with a sentiment from Fall Foliage in Steel Blue ink.

The inside of my card carries on with the same stamping and color blocking look at the card front. A large, open butterfly stamped in Sweet Tooth pigment ink is topped with another sentiment from Fall Foliage stamped in Steel Grey ink on a Steel Grey layer.

I hope you've enjoyed today's Teaser Time post featuring Winged Beauties! Like I said, it's a must-have butterfly set with so many options. Please stop back Saturday for more MFT Teaser Time fun, and don't forget that the MFT Blog has complete Teaser Time information including full set reveals, prize information and links to each designer teasing along each day!

~Amy



35 comments:

Aileen said...

Ohh my favourite things are butterflies. I sooooo love making butterfly cards. The stencils are just perfect. Your card is perfect. I'M IN L O V E :)

Monique1971 said...

Wow, love how you stamped the butterflies. They all look so pretty together.

Vicki said...

Glorious! Just glorious! Like I need any more butterfly stamps! But maybe I do... The neutral with the pop of yellow is beautiful!

Lisa Lynn said...

Love your color choice on your gorgeous card.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous with that pop of yellow!

Tammy H said...

Love the very trendy combo of grays and yellow. Very striking. The gradient shades on butterflies on the background layer is stunning.

Tammy H said...

Love the very trendy combo of grays and yellow. Very striking. The gradient shades on butterflies on the background layer is stunning.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is absolutely stunning - it takes my breath away!! Love it!

Cathy said...

Love the butterflies and the colors are striking!

Elena said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card. Love all things butterflies. Love that pop of yellow.

Debbie Nelson said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE butterflies...your card is gorgeous!

loulou said...

I love these new butterflies - so many beautiful designs.

Lisa H. said...

you do wonders with neutral colors. this is gorgeous. love those butterflies stamped in the sweet tooth ink. the pop of yellow is FAB!

Paula Laird said...

I LOVE this card! There is so much depth here! Greys are so unexpected for butterflies and the pop of yellow makes it sing! One of my favorite butterfly cards ever!

wendy said...

beautiful card, love the butterflies

Gretchen Wilson said...

This is gorgeous, I'm in Ahhhhhhh

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. Lovely.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous!! Love the pop of yellow!!

Unknown said...

Amy - gorgeous card, loving the color, so classic!

Colleen said...

Love your card, I really like the colors you used too.

Unknown said...

The butterflies are great and I love the colour combination.

conil said...

Love everything you've done here...the pallette, the placement, the sentiment. Wow.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fabulous butterflies!!!

Celeste Goff said...

The butterflies are beautiful and the gray and yellow combo is just gorgeous!

Migdalia Martinez said...

I love your card its sooooo beautiful. I wasn't sure about these butterflies but now I want them. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Amy! Love how you stamped the various butterflies!

ScrapaDiddle said...

Very unusual and beautiful cards! Susan, hatfieldhome1@gmail.com

Unknown said...

What an unusual card I really like it and the colour splash just pops.

jan metcalf said...

Love your color combination!

karahoward said...

Love the amazing depth you were able to pull off with the different colors of ink. Pinning right now :)

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Anything with Butterflies will make me smile and this card is no exception.

Pam W Merwin said...

Yep, butterflies are my favorite! Loving the combination in this set and love your layout with the subtle colors and the pop of yellow :)

Anonymous said...

Terrific. I really like the colors used.

PatS said...

Love your butterfly background and the use of multiple colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...