Pages

For Sale

Monday, June 17, 2013

MFT June Release Rewind

 Today is Day 2 of MFT's June Release Rewind, and I've got two cards to share with you today.  As I've said before, I am so thrilled with the mix-and-match-ability of MFT stamps and dies, and both of today's cards are proof in the pudding!

First up is the darling PI Gone Fishin' and Abstract Art in my version of water color meets pointillism, magnified. Ü

I overlapped various paint splatters from Abstract Art in Lemon Drop, Sno Cone and Sour Apple and then paper pieced cutie PI fisher-lady after coloring her with Copics.

A peek at the inside shows a bit more of Die-namics Speech Bubble with more drips and drops of my paint trio.

My second card features the Palm Tree & Peek-a-Boo Dots Die-namics matched up with stamps from Max Alphabet and Expand Your View. The Red Hot jet is courtesy of You Move Me.

I think the highlight of this card is the shimmery Blu Raspberry sky, m-hmm.  Baby, get your shine on and meet my new BSF Mix-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist!  I mixed her up with a few drops of Blu Raspberry Ink Refill and haphazardly sprayed across a piece of Primitive Ivory card stock and then brushed through the middle of the mist with a wide tip paint brush before it dried for the look you see here. Check out this MFT video for a nice demo of the Mix-ability Mist.

Being inspired by the pallet art I've been spying around the web lately, I tried to replicate the look with my sentiment using the Chalkboard Frame Builder Die-namics as my 'pallet' base. Each board was cut from a scrap of Primitive Cream card stock that had been sprayed with the Blu Raspberry Mix-ables Mist that I used for the sky on front. I mixed Max Alphabet with Expand Your View once again in Black Licorice and Red Hot inks for my message. Sand dunes courtesy of Die-namics Snow Drifts.

There you have it, my MFT Release Rewind for June! There is plenty more Release Rewind to be had, so stop over at the MFT Blog for a list of today's designers.  I'll be back tomorrow with this week's Wednesday Stamp Club sketch and then later in the week with my new favorite color, Red Hot, lovin' on some Nightshift Blue! Thanks for checking in on me today.
~Amy

MFT products used in Gone Fishin'
MFT products used in RELAX

7 comments:

Melody said...

Really amazing projects Amy. Love how you used the abstract art stamps as a background! And the plane and the palm tree, such a cute idea!

Lisa H. said...

awesome stuff here, Amy!! looove that first card and the background.....soooo, cool. AND your second card is awesome. Love the shimmer and colors and great mix of stamps.

Karen Giron said...

You are fabulous!! I love the way you used the little paint splatters - so clever! Your palm tree is perfect, love the little airplane in the background too. And the sand dunes - LOVE!!

Sherrie said...

Both cards are great! LOVE the first one....what a unique take on gone fishin'!

Tricia T said...

Fun background, Amy!

Debbie Carriere said...

Amy, these are great!!! Shows how much you can mix and match and get great results!! Love your description of the first card and I totally knew that was a palette when I caught a glimpse of it in the gallery! LOVE!

Jodi Collins said...

ACK! These are fantastic Amy! LOVE the paint splotches and layout on your PI card, and the fabulous distressed look of your second!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...