Pages

For Sale

Monday, June 24, 2013

June Creative Challenge: Make It Masculine!

It's time for MFT's monthly Creative Challenge, and this month's theme is Make it Masculine! The MFT Blog has a complete list of participating designers, so stop by to see who's on deck. I've come up with a couple of fun 'guy' cards to share with you, so let's get started!

 
First up is a fun surfer-dude birthday card using the new Die-namics Palm Tree, High-Rise Alphabet Lowercase, Sea Charms and stamps from Hello My Name Is. I stamped the name tag in white pigment ink onto my Black Licorice card base and then added a layer of corrugated 'beach sand' using the Snow Drifts Die-namics.

 
The bottom of each of the Blu Raspberry letters in 'dude' was die cut into the sand layer and then accented with an Orange Fizz surf board from the Die-namics Sea Charms set. The Steel Blue Palm Tree is tucked behind the sandy beach, and holding it all together is a double string of Hemp Cord, knotted several times to resemble one of those hemp bracelets that all the cool surfer dudes wear around their wrist or ankle, wink!

 
The inside of the card is finished off with a Die-namics Speech Bubble in Steel Blue, stamped with sentiments from Hello My Name Is and Playlist.  I die cut another Speech Bubble in Blu Raspberry , tore off a smidge of the lower edge, dragged the torn edge across my white pigment ink pad to resemble foamy ocean waves and accented it with Hemp Cord and another Orange Fizz surf board.

It's Your Birthday, Dude!


 
I had a lot of fun making this card which started with only the strip where you see 'it's hammer TIME', until I started singing MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This over and over in my head until it dawned on me (duh) to add some of the sentiments from  Playlist and Rock On. Another one of those ah-ha moments where these MFT stamps work so well together to make a fun card even funnier!

The main sentiment strip was made using the new Max Alphabet in Steel Blue ink with a Black Licorice hammer from Die-namics Tool Charms. The word IT'S is a partial sentiment from Playlist. Each of the sentiments above and below the Steel Blue strip is stamped in watermark ink.

Inside is another Steel Blue strip stamped with sentiments from Playlist and single star from Rock On.

It's Hammer Time



Thanks for stopping in today, and I hope I've inspired you with my Creative Challenge: Make it Masculine projects today! Be sure to stop back tomorrow for Wednesday Stamp Club and have a great day!
~Amy

7 comments:

Tracey said...

These are both fabulous Amy!! Awesome masculine cards!!

Tricia T said...

The tool charm set is so fun! I really need to pick that up for the guy cards in my life!! : )

Jodi Collins said...

These ROCK Amy! LOVE both of these, but the first card with the POP of color is FANTASTIC!

Karen Giron said...

These are perfect! I love the dude in the sand and the second card is super fun with the hammer. Love it!

Queen Mary said...

Well done Amy! Very clever use of the Hello My Name Is!

Sherrie said...

Awesome DUDE! I totally LOVE the first one and the nice clean and graphic look of the second one! Well done!

Lisa H. said...

you are always so creative with the stamps! these two cards are GREAT!!! love the surf board and speech bubble frame.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...