Pages

For Sale

Friday, December 28, 2012

YNS Fun Friday {Snow Family}

Happy Friday! I'm so mixed up on my days this week with family coming and going for the holidays, but the calendar says it's Friday so I'm going with it! Speaking of Friday & families, I've crafted a sweet snowman family using the YNS Bookmark/Tag Layered Die Set for this week's Fun Friday project. This month's Fun Friday theme is about reflecting on the last three years of YNS, so I'm highlighting the YNS dies that were added to the line in 2011.


Each snowman was made using the following framework: 
  • die cut two of each size bookmark in white
  • die cut one of each size bookmark in patterned paper for the hat (only die cut the top portion of the bookmark)
  • trim each patterned paper cut as you'd like the hat to look (slanted on my snow momma, shorter on snow papa, and just right medium for my snow boy...ok, so much for sticking with the traditional 'snowman', but I couldn't resist)
  • hand cut a tiny orange nose for each and punch two black circles using your 1/8" circle punch or something similar (I used a retired SU! punch that has 2-1/8" circles on it...I know, clear as mud)
  • score each snowman about 2.5" from the scalloped end (all of them) and then trim each end of the bookmark 1" from the scored line 
  • overlap the flaps and adhere together to form the base
  • tie the two scalloped tops together with linen thread, twine or ribbon and embellish as you like (I've used elements from the YNS Whatnots Season One dies)
 Here is a side view of my snow-fam that will hopefully give you the visual you need to get through my directions. Ü


I'm thinking these are pretty cute 'as is', but you could pop a Hershey Nugget inside and have yourself a sweet treat for someone you love! As for me, I'm leaving this family unit right where they're at on my rustic entry table as fun winter decoration.

No, stop over at the YNS Blog for more Fun Friday Reflection, and thanks for stopping here today!
~Amy

1 comment:

Carol (HB) said...

OMGosh Amy! At first I thought they were super cute gift tags, and then I scrolled down and saw they were treat boxes! TOTALLY ADORABLE!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...