Pages

For Sale

Friday, October 30, 2009

boo-hoo!

I've had such a great time, a really great time, as Sharon Johnson's October Stamp Simply DT Guest, so I'm boo-hooing that the month has flown by so quickly! You can bet that I'll continue playing along, so stay tuned for more stamp simply installations!

Here are the deets for this week's challenge:
3 Panel Accordion - Accordion cards are some of my favorite things to make, and that's just what we'll do today. We're taking it easy with just 3 panels today. Your accordion may be as large or as small as you like it. It may serve as table decor or it may tie closed as a little gift waiting to be opened. Anything goes -- just do a 3 panel accordion card. But beware -- they are ADDICTING!!! Be sure to check out all the DT girls links to get some GREAT ideas and to get your juices flowing!
Sharon is sooo right about these accordian panel creations becoming quite addictive. I had every intention of making a Christmas themed accordian after having so much fun making this one, but I got distracted being "mom" and "wife", and that's OK, too!

I'd like to share instructions for my Boo accordian with you, because for me, the time it takes to make one of these is sometimes consumed by tweaking the measurements and layers to fit the ideas in my head. That's why I was so excited about making another Christmas accordian--because the measuring was all figured out!
  1. cut base card stock 8 1/4 x 4 inches
  2. score at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2" (or simply 2 3/4" in from each end)
  3. fold panels and trim "tag" corners using your favorite method -- measure precisely or just wing it! (I actually measured 3/4" from each corner, marking lightly with pencil and cutting diagonally from point to point, through all layers with my guillotine cutter.)
  4. cut 2 1/4" kraft squares and 2 3/8" black squares for each panel; stamp and/or decorate as desired
  5. the patterned paper strips are cut 1 1/4" x 4", V-trimmed at one end, lined up on base and trimmed at top as needed.
Those are the measurements I used, but obviously you can tweak them and decorate each panel as you desire. I am really loving my buttons and felt lately, so I couldn't stop until I'd incorporated those elements as well. I can't wait to see what the rest of the Team Stamp Simply has done, so let's not delay:

Sharon
AJ
Barb
Barbara
Deb
Janine
Jenny
Julie
Tammy

Thanks again, Sharon and the SS crew--it's been MY pleasure!
Amy

Materials
Stamps: Carved and Candelit (retired SU!)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss (SU!); Distress Ink Walnut (Ranger)
Paper: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss (SU!); Kraft (PTI)
Patterned paper: Mistletoe (Making Memories); Jenni Bowlin 4x4 papers
Everything else: Thickers, staples, felt (loops), buttons & button twine (PTI)

11 comments:

DeeDee said...

Love the clean and colorful look. They were lucky to have you for the month. :)

Lisa Brown said...

Love this Amy, and, thanks so much for the details! Great Halloween card!

The Rubber Maid said...

Perfect for the challenge..festive and colorful. Awesome! Pat

Janine said...

Love it Amy!! I will be boohooing too. We will miss you but I will be by all the time!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So snappy and sweet!

Jen said...

oh, those are so cute!! great job! looks perfect!

AJ said...

Amy- this is just way too cute! love it!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOL'ing at your "boo-hoo'ing!" but we're sad to have the month go by so fast, too! This is absolutely adorable, Amy! LOVE the clean design with just the right touches for detail!

Barbara said...

We were on the same wavelength with this month's challenge, Amy!! Love your stinkin' cute accordion card!! I'm sad to see you go, but we've so enjoyed having you join us this month and look forward to your joining us often in the future!

Jenny Gropp said...

Boo-hoooing over saying goodbye to you too!!! Just keep playing along! Love your style, Amy!!!

Julie Koerber said...

Awwww! This is too cute for words Amy! I love the pumpkins and the way you trimmed up the ribbon and added those cute buttons! We'll miss ya! ;-) It was a blast seeing these challenges through your eyes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...