Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

TCP Tuesday Sketch




If you follow along with our TCP Tuesday challenges, you already know about the fun sketch that Leigh presented yesterday. My card today uses TCP's You Sick Thing, in the colors: turquoise, red, chocolate and kraft. The chick and soup bowl are paper pieced and highlighted with a bit of Sahara Sand ink for shadowing, as well as some Polka Dot Basics 2 dots on the bowl. I hand drew steam lines with a Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen and then pierced each of the steam lines for a little extra sumpin'. The sentiment is stamped, cut and supposed to follow the steam lines, just for fun. Patterned paper is from Bo Bunny Press, Raspberrie Red by Jan Lanoy.

I had so much fun with Leigh's sketch that I also made an American Art Stamp card using one of my hilarious Emerson Quillin images, Single Bar, with a reversed masked cuppa, stamped with PTI's Polka Dot Basics 2 in Eggplant Envy. A bit of added texture with a SU! embossing plate (Texturz Backrounds 1) and a trio of PTI's Perfect Plum buttons and ribbon finish out the extras.



I hope you can find a little time to play along with the TCP Tuesday challenge this week. If you do, please link your upload to Leigh's blog post, and/or use the keyword: TCPTUES75 at SCS or PCP. Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Lori Craig said...

You are the queen of cool... love the colors on that chickie card. :)

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! :)

Michele Boyer said...

Totally adorable! Fabulous colors on the soup card, and that last one...TOO funny! :)

Unknown said...

I have to tell you that you are the sole reason I bought Emerson Quillen stamps. I LOVE what you've done with them, and, since I've been given direct orders from my brothers to "humor up" my cards, I've now bought 8 EQ stamps. None have seen ink yet, but with 40th coming up (EEK!) (and most of my friends), I thought these stamps would be perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...