Pages

For Sale

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Garden Inspired Medallion {SFYTT)


Good morning all you good people! Another Saturday, another SFYTT, and this one is a dandy! Don't be intimidated by the layers because they all fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. My color scheme is inspired by one of my garden areas and I probably should have taken a picture of it, so you could see the rich colors of the hollyhocks, bee balm and foliage from which I drew upon....mebbe later!

I've been doing quite a bit of stamping using soon-to-be-released (Tuesday, July 22!) stamps from The Cat's Pajamas, and the images are just so darn funny, cute and all around swanky, that I was pulled to do a little shabby-vintage-flower cluster stamping today. I pulled out my Big Shot and Birds and Blooms dies AND my newest SU! purchase--Medallion background stamp (love, love, love it!). The medallion was the first stamp to catch my eye in the new catty and I knew it'd be the first one I'd buy (I know myself so well, don't I?! Purely rhetorical--don't answer that!), and darned if I didn't.

After putting the layers together, I knew I needed something less circular and more linear/grid-like for the Pixie Pink layer, so I used my retired Houndstooth background stamp and quite like the result. Other details are the mini pearls and sentiment flag, stamped with a sentiment from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages. I'm invited to a 40th birthday party tomorrow for a co-worker, so I'm thinking this one's for her!

Let's peek in on the other SFYTT gals and don't forget to use the keyword: SFYTT when uploading to SCS. If you're a fellow blogger, leave a link to your SFYTT creation over at Jen's.

Jen & Regina
Susan
Carole
Kelly
(Amy won't be in this weekend--she's hittin' the beach! You go girl Ü)

***I keep forgetting to thank you all who left me such nice comments last week about my mini-anxiety about leaving George overnight with my brother and his family for the first time last weekend. Everything went grrrreat! Ü

10 comments:

Mandi said...

Stunning card...as always!

Its really strange because last night I was printing some of my digital papers. And I fancied a shocking pink and olive green
Can see now it looks stunning

Have a good day
mandi xx

Jackie Pedro said...

I LOVE this card! That medallion is beautiful as is the color combo!! Have a great weekend!

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is breathtaking! I love the color combo and would love to see your inspiration garden! I love all of the great little details that make this over-the-top gorgeous! Amazing as always!

Nancy L. said...

This is beautiful! Love it!

Eva said...

WOW...this is just gorgeous!!! Your color choices are just fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I love that medallion too and now I wish I'd bought it. ;) Great job!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Such grungy elegance, Amy! I LOVE!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

OMG Amy I love this!!! I cannot wait to get this stamp!

Karen Motz said...

This is REALLY stunning! LOVE the colours.

The Design Team said...

Love this card! Gotta get that medallion! Beautiful colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...