Pages

For Sale

Thursday, June 18, 2009

World's Best Dad


As soon as I saw some of the design team samples using the Verve sets, World's Best & Protector, I just knew I had to have 'em! Today I'm showing you the first card I've made using World's Best, and I hope to have another card to share tomorrow since this card is for my FIL and the next will be for DH from the kiddos.

I really like this color combo: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay and Old Olive with a splash of Kraft, although it was hard to capture the true Bermuda Bay--it's looking more like Tempting Turquoise in the picture. I see myself using it again and again. The stamped with PTI Guidelines Two using Ranger Old Paper distress ink, and it gives it a really nice, subtle look. The sentiment area is Spellbinder's Labels 2 with a hand trimmed flag running across and tied with a button and twine. Just for a little balance on the left, I added a row of piercing. Oh, one last detail on the olive layer is embossed vertical lines on each edge using my Scor-Pal.

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope to see you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Shabby Horse said...

So cute!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh, Amy, I am really diggin' this one! The colors are fantastic and your layout is perfect!

texasjodylynn said...

Very pretty card!

Nancy Riley said...

First class design! Well done!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Another great color combo! I love the layout and all of the great details! Super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...