Pages

For Sale

Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day Daffodils from George



I'd emailed my sweet friend, Kelly, earlier this week to see if she'd give me directions for the beautiful cones she's shown on her blog before and of course, she obliged. Next, I mulled and mulled over which paper/stamps/colors to use with a few futile attempts being filed in the circular. Then, last night I decided that I wanted to try and stamp on a page from an old book, but I couldn't bear the thought of ripping out an page or two. I mean, what if somebody, some day decided to read that book that has been gathering dust for eons? My next thought was a box of old piano/organ music I'd inherited from my Grandma of which I've never made use of in the last 10 years, so...why not?! You can see the results, and I love how this turned out, and the best part is that the paper was pliable enough to form the cone easily; much more easily than card stock.

I stayed with the vintage look using my PTI Guidelines2 set, ribbons, buttons, linen thread and the curly label punch from SU!. The sentiment is computer generated with a heart stamped for fun and color using theSU! set, Small Sayings.

I am sending George out with Dad/Ed to deliver the May baskets this afternoon while I'm meeting with a prospective bride to pick the music for her upcoming wedding. I'd like to be a bee on the flower to watch George knock on the door and then hide while his Grandma(s) find his special treat!

4 comments:

Kelly Lunceford said...

This turned out beautifully, Amy! I Love the organ music base! I love the colors and of course the daffodils!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so beautiful, Amy!!

Julia Aston said...

I just love cone baskets - this is so lovely printed on the music sheet with the bright colors - and what a surprise this would be to find on your door! wonderful May Day project Amy!

Lori Craig said...

This is gorgeous, Amy. Love the stamping over the sheet music. Beautiful project. I'm sure gramma loved it. Have a good weekend! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...