Pages

For Sale

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just Because I Care...



I seem to be stuck in a bit of a vintage mode lately and I'm enjoying it just the same. Today's card for Jen's sketch uses my two latest Papertrey Ink sets, Damask Designs and Guidelines 2. The sentiment is from a SU! hostess set which I believe is now retired. To draw your attention to the sentiment, since it seemed a bit small for the area, I added two buttons and a Martha Stewart punched bird. The embellishment area of the sketch is filled with my latest love, a button topped bow of black satin, tied with linen thread. Sponging all around adds to the vintage feel and then just to add a modern twist, I embossed the kraft layer with my SU! dots Texturz plate!



Be sure to check out the other SFYTT Divas, including Jen and her guest designer for April, Kimberly Crawford! If you find a little "me" time and get a chance to play along, use the keyword: SFYTT if you upload to Splitcoast.

Jen & Kimberly
Amy Sheffer
Carole Burrage
Kelly Lunceford
Susan Liles

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep up the vintage, you do such a LOVELY job at it, this is a beauty!

Shannan Teubner said...

Just beautiful, Kelly!

Valerie said...

Beautiful, Amy! LOVE that satin ribbon/button/linen thread embellishment!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

You're allowed to stay vintage-y, AMY (I know your name... *giggle!*) so long as you keep doing it so well... Fabulous take on today's sketch, gf!

Jackie Pedro said...

You're rockin' the vintage...that's for sure! This is beautiful!!! Love the button topped bow!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Thud!! Jaw-dropping gorgeous!

Jenn said...

Just GORGEOUS! Love the stitching on the ribbon. Great job with the sketch! :D

Jessica said...

Great card! I love vintage style and love your background design and pretty ribbons and buttons.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card....my Damask set is calling me to be inked< i have had it since Wednesday....sigh, bad me! :)

Anonymous said...

this is GORGEOUS!!!

Lori Craig said...

OH my word... I'd say you are in the zone with vintage today... this is gorgeous, Amy

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is yummy! I love the colors, the details, everything! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...