Pages

For Sale

Monday, April 13, 2009

American Art Stamp sketch set

I have for you today a trio of cards featuring hilarous images from American Art Stamp of which two of the three have been incorporated into sketch challenges. The sketch challenges featured are today's Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO82) and Taylored Expressions weekend sketch challenge (TECC63). About a month or so ago, one of my SFYTT pals, Amy Sheffer, featured a card set she'd made using various sketch challenges. She got the idea to make a "weekend sketch set" from the fabulously talented Laura Fredrickson and here's a link to one of Laura's sets from March.

I can't believe how rewarding it was to sit down this morning and create three cards in less than a day, snort! I believe the process was streamlined for me by the following: 1. using the same stamp line 2. others' sketches 3. the scraps I had lying around my stamp table from my most recent SFYTT creation. Those three elements being predetermined cut way back on my decision making time (which can be HUGE!). Without further adieu, here are close up shots of each...



Align Center



Card ingredients
stamps: Calories, Work Late, Group Therapy (American Art Stamp); Damask Designs, Guidelines 2 (PTI)
paper: Cerise DSP (retired), Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Kraft (SU!)
ink: Distress Ink walnut stain (Ranger); Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); Noir Black hybrid ink (Palette)
accessories: buttons (Foofala & misc.); ribbon (Making Memories, Offray); lace (Chatter Box artsy.licious); sewing machine; scallop edge punch, felt flower (SU!)

12 comments:

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow, such three beautiful cards! Love the colors and papers that you have used! Fantastic work!

hugs Zimtschnecke (Bine)

Julia Aston said...

what a great idea to do 3 sketches with the same theme! these are so fun - I have a few of these fun stamps with different sentiments - love the colors and kraft on them!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness that comis strip is hilarious LOL! Love your card it is sure to make someone happy! It did me!

Chrissie said...

All three are fabulous cards. I love them. Chrissie

Anjou Krelovich said...

Great cards! Love how you used all the different sketches and the same theme. Fab!

Krista said...

Great cards !

Jackie Pedro said...

What a great set, Amy!! Those images crack me up! I love the colors!!

Lori Craig said...

Look at you, Ms. Fabulous! Love the color combo - love the black line images. You always seem to make mass production ideas look absolutely divine without looking you'll need a 3 week vacation to recoup from the effort. Adore these!

Dori Shelton said...

All of these are fantastic! The sentiments are hilarious!

Patti MacLeith said...

Color combos, papers and sentiments work well together! Very nice.

Kelly Lunceford said...

OH these are so cute! I loved your SFYTT card, so there is no doubt as to why I love these three! What fun! Great job!

Sarah said...

What a fantastic set of cards! I love that comical stamp! Great layouts and colour themes.
xx :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...