Pages

For Sale

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

from George

This is the valentine George will be giving to his daycare provider and my good friend, Mary. I think this stamp and sentiment were probably designed with Mary in mind because she has the biggest heart, and we sure are lucky that George gets to spend M-F with her while we're away at work! And the icing on the cake is this: Mary's an avid stamper, so you know just how swell she is!




The heart is paper pieced with Scenic Route's Sonoma Collection designer paper, with a strip from the same collection layered on the card base. George the mouse is colored with a blender pen and reinkers in Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel and a bit of Regal Rose on his ears and cheeks. Embellishments include 5/8" Regal Rose grosgrain, a photo corner punch, button threaded with faux (So Saffron) thread and 2 So Saffron brads. Didn't George do a nice job on the card?! He just loves adding all those embellishments, er I mean, getting INTO all of mom's embellishments, he he he!

Have a great Tuesday!

11 comments:

Broni said...

This is SO sweet, Amy! I know how important it is to have a wonderful daycare provider. They do so much to help shape your little one's life!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card and I love the colors and the papers!! You are lucky to have a wonderful provider. Take care!

Nancy Riley said...

Fantastic card, Amy! I love that paper pieced heart!

Jenn said...

So sweet! Love the paper pieced heart and the button is a nice touch! :D

Denise said...

Very pretty card. I am a day care provider. I am sure she will feel special when she gets the card.

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is so cute, Amy! I really need to pull that set out before the 14th comes and goes! This is such a sweet card for George to give to Mary! I can imagine how pleased she will be to recieve it! Such a sweet design!

Pam Speidel said...

Amy, this is absolutely adorable! Love the cute image and the colors you've used are perfect!

Jackie Pedro said...

What an adorable card, Amy! I love the DP!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

super cute Amy!
Claudi

Karen Motz said...

SO adorable! LOVE the heart.

Anonymous said...

Awww, this is just precious! And how lucky that you found a great person to leave George with; I know it's not easy to do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...