Pages

For Sale

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

from George

This is the valentine George will be giving to his daycare provider and my good friend, Mary. I think this stamp and sentiment were probably designed with Mary in mind because she has the biggest heart, and we sure are lucky that George gets to spend M-F with her while we're away at work! And the icing on the cake is this: Mary's an avid stamper, so you know just how swell she is!




The heart is paper pieced with Scenic Route's Sonoma Collection designer paper, with a strip from the same collection layered on the card base. George the mouse is colored with a blender pen and reinkers in Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel and a bit of Regal Rose on his ears and cheeks. Embellishments include 5/8" Regal Rose grosgrain, a photo corner punch, button threaded with faux (So Saffron) thread and 2 So Saffron brads. Didn't George do a nice job on the card?! He just loves adding all those embellishments, er I mean, getting INTO all of mom's embellishments, he he he!

Have a great Tuesday!

11 comments:

broni (waterchild12) said...

This is SO sweet, Amy! I know how important it is to have a wonderful daycare provider. They do so much to help shape your little one's life!

mariemc said...

Such a sweet card and I love the colors and the papers!! You are lucky to have a wonderful provider. Take care!

Nancy Riley said...

Fantastic card, Amy! I love that paper pieced heart!

Jenn said...

So sweet! Love the paper pieced heart and the button is a nice touch! :D

Denise said...

Very pretty card. I am a day care provider. I am sure she will feel special when she gets the card.

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is so cute, Amy! I really need to pull that set out before the 14th comes and goes! This is such a sweet card for George to give to Mary! I can imagine how pleased she will be to recieve it! Such a sweet design!

Pam Speidel said...

Amy, this is absolutely adorable! Love the cute image and the colors you've used are perfect!

Jackie Pedro said...

What an adorable card, Amy! I love the DP!

Claudia Rosa said...

super cute Amy!
Claudi

Karen Motz said...

SO adorable! LOVE the heart.

Kathyc on SCS said...

Awww, this is just precious! And how lucky that you found a great person to leave George with; I know it's not easy to do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...