Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Color Challenge 207

For the weekly SCS Color Challenge #207: Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie & Summer Sun. I love that color combo for a fall look but wanted my card to have the look of spring/summer, so I opted for a white base to help it along. The cute sunflower and bug image is a sneak peek of good things to come from The Cat's Pajamas...stay tuned!

I colored the image with a blender pen and reinkers in the challenge colors and then added a little Soft Sky with an aquapainter for a blue sky. The flowers from the sentiment were filled in with a white gel pen and dotted in the middle with my Sakura Gelly Roll pen. I added a little of that same glimmer to the stem and leaf as well. The flower petals are glazed with Crystal Effects and the bug is dotted with CE for a little extra-extra.

Just a couple more things and then I'm done (that's called a "safety signal" in the world of education!)...a button tied with linen thread centers that sweet bloom and then, did you notice the texture on the Summer Sun layer? It's my new Texturz plate from SU! that I know I'm going to be using over and over--love 'em!

Hope you get a chance to scatter some sunshine today!

10 comments:

Tina said...

So bright and sunny!

Julia Aston said...

what a ray of sunshine! love the 'worm' and the button!

{pam} said...

i love this card . . . it is so sunny and warm . . . gave me the warm fuzzies inside!

Amanda said...

I LOVE this card! It is too cute!!! I just have this thing for snails! LOL I especially like the button!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is a fantastic card, Amy! I just love how you used this color combo with the white!!!

Lori Craig said...

How darling is this... love it!

Kelly Lunceford said...

You rocked this challenge! I have shied away, but this has inspired me to give it a try! So super cute!

Amy Sheffer said...

What a cutie! The button is such a perfect accent! Beautifully done!

Denise said...

So cute! Very cheerful.

Alma de la Rosa said...

I love how bright and cheery this is

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...