Pages

For Sale

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Working in 3's


Have you ever noticed how things go in 3's? This is my third card using Karen Stolper images available from American Art Stamp this week. Today's card features a couple out caroling, snuggling close to stay warm, or maybe the fact that they're sharing music?! Whichever is the case, I think they're having a grand ol' time.

The main image and sentiment (I know, it's hard to see...look closely--bottom right corner) are both part of a cling mounted set. This particular set isn't showing up in the AAS store right now, but it should be back soon. If you like the fun and whimsy of these Karen Stolper images as much as I do, pop on over to AAS and look around because there are some fantastic holidays set that are currently available. Click here!

My main image and sentiment were stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink and then colored with a blender pen dipped in Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow and Certainly Celery reinkers. A piece of textured Soft Sky cardstock was cut to mimic a wide piece of ribbon and then held tight with a fancied up button. The button is from Basic Grey with a snippet of velvet ribbon secured with silver cording. Lastly, the patterned paper is retired SU!.

Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Erika H. said...

What a fabulous card. I love the colors, that image...wonderful!

Broni said...

Really cute, Amy! I love the textured soft sky cut to look like a ribbon and the button treatment is totally cool!

Libby Hickson said...

So cute - love the colors and the layout of this card.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This is fabulous! I love the color combo and the textured paper *ribbon* down the front. Gorgeous!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous, I love that image!!

Christina Ammann said...

Wundervolle Karte, schlicht und die Farben sind toll.

Anonymous said...

I *love* this!! I feel a shopping spree coming on... :) Love what you did with the button and ribbon! Very cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...