Pages

For Sale

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh by g*OWL*y...

...have a h*OWL*y, j*OWL*y Christmas this year! Ok, so after stamping the sentiment from Kim Hughes' URA Hoot set, I sat for the longest time, staring at it, wondering what in the *hay* it meant. I was reading it as "owl owl Christmas", but after closer inspection I realized that it actually reads, "hOWLy jOWLy" Christmas...duh! So, to save you some *duh* time (not that you'd be as lame-brained as me), I took a closeup shot of the sentiment, whoot whoot!

Below is a full shot of my card for today's SCS Color Challenge #183: Going Gray, Riding Hood Red and Green Galore--what a crazy combo! I pulled out the fun owl set because of the Santa hat and holly included--perfect for these Christmas colors, right?! The strip of RHR is repeatedly stamped with the holly in Versamark and then overstamped with that goofy sentiment. Maybe I'm just in a goofy mood? The scalloped strip was created with my handy-dandy scallop edge punch and the ribbon is new RHR taffeta from Stampin' Up!. Almost forgot--I added a bit of sparkle to Mr. Owl's hat trim with Dazzling Diamonds, adhering it with my 2 way glue pen.



Have a *hoot*iful evening and stop back this week as I hope to be a bit more prolific with my blogging!

7 comments:

Scrappinaway said...

Love this stamp set...Great card. I love the unexpected use of the gray in there!!

Ann said...

Super cute! Love that sentiment, and now that song is stuck in my head! :D

Jessie/knightrone said...

I SERIOUSLY thank you for the close up shot...I didn't look at it, and I was looking at your card trying to figure out what owl owl christmas meant!! Super cute...this color combo was crazy, but you did an awesome job with it!!

Jackie Pedro said...

I thought the same thing about the sentiment when I saw this set on the CHF website!

This is adorable! This is one of the cutest owls out there IMO!!

Susie said...

DDeeeeelightful! Love it.

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

i am SO glad to know i was not alone in wondering exactly how that translated!! i thought it was an owly owly Christmas, not even seeing the beginning letters in front of each owl!! howly jowly makes much more sense. i'm getting old.

Marlou McAlees said...

i love this cute card!!! simply adorable :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...