Pages

For Sale

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fabulous!

As you may have read here on my blog, I'm pleased to be involved in a three month designing stint for American Art Stamp Company. I decided to combine Jen's Saturday Sketch For You To Try (July 5th) with one of my AAS stamps, Writing by Karen Stolper. I'm in a *pink* mood today because I have we have a new baby girl in our family--Brea. Obviously, this card isn't a baby card for my new niece, but it got me thinking in pinks! The designer paper is retired SU!: Petals and Paisleys combined with coordinating paper and inks in Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose and Old Olive. I used reinkers and a blender pen to color the main image and stamped the sentiment from Absolutely Fabulous in Palette Noir Black. I chose this sentiment set because I thought the handwritten look of these sentiments fit the squiggly line of her pencil.

Speaking of that pink pencil, I sure wish I had a big pink pencil like that one! Remember when you were a kid, and you might get one of those giant pencils while on a family vacation from some fun little gift shop?! Drop me a line today and let me know if you ever had one of those giant pencils, and you just might find something *real nice* in your mailbox! BTW, I don't think I ever got one, but I remember one of my friends having a giant pencil and being a wee bit envious!

Also, remember to check out Jen's Saturday Sketch and see what the rest of her team has done with this little ditty!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

this is too cute, amy...love those colors!

thanks so much for the thank you card...i got it yesterday. it is one of my faves...how in the world did you know?

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Jenn said...

I absolutely adore those colors!!!! Pink is my fave and I love the polka dots!

Becky Carafa said...

Ah yes, the giant pencils. I had one, I think it was a prize I got for memorizing verses at VBS! I love all your layouts, tfs!

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy I'm lovin this, I want to work on this sketch soon. Love what you did with it.

Becky Rusher said...

I had one of those big pink pencils! I've tried to find them for my kids, but I just don't see them anymore. Great card!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! I just love those skinny people!! Great layout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...