Pages

For Sale

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Certainly Wild Sweet Pea!


For today's Color Challenge 173 over at Splitcoaststampers: Purely Wild Celery, which translates to Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi & Certainly Celery. If you've never played before, click here to get yourself in the game. Playing along with the SCS daily challenges is a great way to grow yourself as a stamper, if that's where you'd like to go. I know that I have improved my stamping, made lots of new cyber-friends and kept abreast of new and fun technics and products that I may not have dared to try out.


This sweet little baby card is going out to my cousin and friend for the birth of her third girl--Aubrey (isn't that the sweetest name?!). I started with a 4.25" square base in Pomegranate and added a strip of Wasabi designer paper from the Hostess Level 1 paper pad. I knew I wanted to stamp the pea pod in Celery and the baby peas in Wasabi and I just love the contrast of the two greens--perfect! Sentiment was stamped in Pomegranate from the same set by PaperTrey Ink, Green Thumb. A length of Wasabi ribbon and two buttons finished this baby card off. Oops, almost forgot to say something about the layer of Wasabi beneath the stamped image, layered atop a scalloped square of Celery. I just love the softness the scalloped square gives to this card.


Thanks for stopping by, and like I said--go, stamp & play the CC173 today!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Super sweet card!!! I love it! :D

Julia Aston said...

I just love this card! I'm going to pull out this stamp set now - you always inspire me to get my older sets out!!!

Unknown said...

this card is super cute. I have this stamp set and am always looking for new ideas!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

So sweet Amy! love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...