Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sketch Challenge 182


Hi there! Today's sketch challenge at SCS is a fun one, originally designed by Jen del Muro, aka genie1314. You can take a peek at her card here. I thought it would be fun to use coordinating designer paper that is printed on a smaller scale, so I pulled open my designer paper drawer with smaller pads in it, and found an 8x8 pad of Daisyd's called Snowflakes & Holly. I started punching out squares of various prints using my 1 1/4" punch and then hand cut (using my guillotine cutter) 1 3/8" squares of True Thyme card stock for matting for each. Rather than measuring for exact placement of each matted square, I used the tried-n-true *eyeball* method per my own sanity, he he!


For the central image, I chose a Cornish Heritage Farms set called Garden Friends. This was one of those sets I *had* to have, and though I love it, it's not even completely cut out and hasn't seen much ink, with the exception of the *hello* stamp--love it! I stamped off the leaf stamp in River Rock for a subtle background on a piece of Whisper White card stock, then stamped *hello* in True Thyme and paper pieced the ladybug from a scrap of the same Daisyd's dp.


After searching and searching for the perfect ribbon, I came up empty-handed...does this mean I have too little ribbon? I'm thinking so! I decided on a strip of Blue Bayou with a few buttons (big shocker there, huh?! I've only used buttons on my last 10 cards!) to finish it off, and there it is!


Thanks for stopping by today...

5 comments:

Julia Aston said...

I love the colors on this Amy! wonderful touch with the strip and the buttons - great job on the challenge!

Erika H. said...

Oh, wow...I just love the rich colors you used. That ladybug is fabulous.

Kim Gasper said...

So pretty! :-) Love the patterned paper.

Maren said...

OMG! So sweet! Just love that paper!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...