Pages

For Sale

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Featured Stamper Sunday!


For today's Featured Stamper Challenge #73~Chelemom. Here is her adorable Summer Girl! card that I chose to case, changing stamps and color scheme. I stayed with the beach theme, handcut sun rays and starfish. Just for fun, I added Ranger Xmas Red Stickles to Bikini Sophie G's Hibiscus, Crystal Effects to the sun and starfish, and yellow buttons to the sun as well. The starfish stamp is from SU!'s Crab & Co. set and the sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink's Mixed Messages. Designer paper is DaisyD's and SU!'s Cerise DSP. Card base and layers are a mix of Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi and SU!'s watercolor paper. I used a combination of aquapainter and blender pen to paint Sophie and her scene with reinkers.

One funny note and I didn't do it on purpose: see that yellowish area directly under Sophie? While attemping to incorporate the yellow stripe inthe dp, I picked up a bit of yellow ink with my aquapainter to add color to the sandy beach below her feet...em, ah sorry Sophie, it looks like you've pee-ed your bikini! Oops! I got a good giggle over it and hope you do too!


Happy Sunday Ü

4 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Amy, I just found your blog and I think it's fantastic!! Love your clean and simple sytle! This card is darling!!

Julia Aston said...

How fun! love the bikini Sophie - very creative sun with the buttons!

Erin McKinney said...

How cute...Love how you pieced your sun!!

Erika H. said...

WOW! This is such an adorable card. I just LOVE the way you made that sun. Fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...